Is apple watch worth it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by L Oquence, Feb 29, 2016.

1. L Oquence macrumors regular

L Oquence

2. L Oquence thread starter macrumors regular

L Oquence

No. Seriously unsure. Want to get one kind of now that refurbs are relatively cheaper. But still don't know.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

There are multiple threads with the same title already. Give those a search first.

4. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

A bit more detail to your thread would be good, rather then the lazy starter...

Personally I've never seen the point of these thread, you need to go out and test one. If you don't know if you need one, or can't think of any reason, I think that's your answer.

Do you use any fitness apps at the moment?
    Do you wear watches?
    Have you tested any smart watches or AW?
    What benefit do you feel you could get from it?

Well said...

5. L Oquence thread starter macrumors regular

L Oquence

You're right. I was lazy. Sorry. will update.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

7. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I managed to get one on launch day, I love mine. People who can't see the point need to use one for a few weeks before condemning it.
    Admittedly I got the sport version, but wish I had got the Watch version.
    Definitely for the next gen!

8. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I cannot tell you if it will be worth it for you. I can only tell you if it's worth it for me. It might do several things you find very useful, but you could still see it as a waste.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

How many of these F'n threads are we going to see every month?

10. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I feel if you need a pack of strangers to tell you whether there is value in a future purchase, then you don't really need that item anyway. Sounds like you're digging for a reason to get one. If you're struggling that much then chances are, you don't need one and it isn't "worth it".

12. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I picked up a 42mm Apple Watch Sport for 300$ cad. For that price it's almost worth it. Full price? No way.

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

thanks for that precise answer :p

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I'll bite.

This is highly subjective. My wife absolutely loves hers. Loves being able to get notifications at work while leaving her phone either in her purse or back pocket.

For me, it's too limited in terms of sport capabilities and the fact that it effectively requires a wifi connection (or close Bluetooth to phone) means it's usefulness is rather limited.

I realize my wants perhaps out weight current technology, and that's fine. It's not so much a critique of the swatch as realizing that it doesn't give me $350+ value.

15. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Not a sport for more than $300, but what about a stainless steel for six-hundred dollars...

16. 8692574 Suspended

If you are purchasing stuff based on a forum suggestion then Yes and along with that buy a Ferrari California a Falcon 900 and a huge appartment in Manhattan!

17. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I ended up picking up the sport only because it was a deal. I'd have a hard time dropping 600$ plus on the stainless one, but I might consider it. Full price? No way.

18. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

19. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

1,000,000+, if we continue look at it and response.

20. Uplift macrumors 6502

I really love mine, much more than I thought I would.. I only purchased it to scratch an itch.

I done a lot of research and seen a lot of complaints.. non of them bother me, I guess I just didn't expect it to be something it's not, I knew it would just be an extension to my phone.

The size is perfect for my wrist.

The weight is perfect, I have a Kinetic Direct Drive, rather heavy, I would generally only wear it mon-fri 9-5 (the working day) as it gets heavy and is not comfortable to wear when lounging around or tending to the children... The AW is on pretty much all day every day.

I feel like the speed is fine, i haven't noticed it being slow at anything really.

Text message dictation, wow.

Notifications on the wrist are really handy, I hate phones being glued to everyones hand, myself included.. this lightens the load a little.

Battery life, for my usage, is fine. I charged it today at 11am, it's now 9pm and still on 70%... i've been playing with it throughout the day and receiving notifications all day... I don't have any complaints with that, it will shortly be going back on charge ready for tomorrow.

It actually looks much better than I thought, at the announcement i felt like it looked huge, horrible shape, childs toy.... in the flesh it's a really nice size and the stainless steel version is just as nice as a regular watch.

I could go on, but my advice to anyone thinking of buying one, don't expect more than you know it offers. It's a great extension to the iPhone.

21. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Not for me, even if they half the price it still wouldn't be "worth it".
    it just doesn't do enough or have and useful functions in its current form.

22. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

23. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

I received an AW as a gift.

An absolute waste for me.
    Hardly wear it.
    When I do wear it I only use it to tell time and as a stopwatch.

24. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

It is your duty to respond, as a member of the MacRumors coven...

Wonder if it has anything to do with that 3GS ;)