Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nein01

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2009
Germany
just to clarify, apple care is for 3 years after the purchase date - no matter when you buy or activate it, correct?

not like you can get more time out of the deal if you wait 90 days or a year right?

if that's the case, there's no way i would pass up the apple care. it is likely that something will go wrong in that amount of time. Even if it's just a piece of dust behind the screen like the OP, wouldn't you rather have it taken care if for free?

I bought AC with my powermac g5 and literally TWO days before my 3 year protection was going to expire, I needed a new logic board to fix a fan problem I was having. It would've cost me a little over $700 without coverage.

Free is a good thing.

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Hmm, I wonder. I usually sell my computer for $550 less then I bought it for, then buy a new one for the money I got +$550. I might do that this year again, instead of spending $300 on AC. It might be a waste because I do not even use close to the full power on this computer, but it isn't that much more expensive :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.