Is Buying AppleCare From a Different Country Okay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Charismatron, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Charismatron macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

I'm looking to buy AppleCare in the States (less expensive) for my Canadian-bought iPhone 6 and rMBP.

Is there going to be any problems with Apple if I try to have something repaired or looked at in Canada with a US-purchased AppleCare?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No problems at all. AppleCare covers your device, wherever you have it serviced, regardless of where you bought your device or where you bought AppleCare.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You could google for "AppleCare Terms and Conditions" and you'll find Apple's document, which is really what decides the matter.

For portable items (anything that can work without being connected to a power cable, like phones, laptops etc.) they are covered world wide. For non-portable items, they are only covered in the country where AppleCare was purchased - with the lucky (for you) exception that products in Canada and the USA are covered by AppleCare purchased in either country.

4. SparkyCanada macrumors member

Don't forget to consider the exchange rate on the dollar - the final price may not be as attractive as you thought...

Sparky

5. Charismatron thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the great + helpful input, folks! :)