Is everybody happy with Leopard now?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by riker1384, Oct 11, 2008.

1. riker1384 macrumors regular

I'm sure this has been debated before, but what do people think of Leopard at this point in time? I saw it in the store and it was very jarring for the Finder windows to look like Itunes. Do you get used to this after a while, or is anyone still bothered by it or anything else with Leopard?

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Just last night I had severe AirPort dropouts. And boy, was I MAD!

In other words, AirPort is still as demented as before. Everything else is fine.:D

3. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

i dont see what everyone hates about leopard. I love it and have never had any problems with it. as far as i am concerned the updates have not fixed anything because there was nothing to fix!!

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I've never had any problem with any version of OS X.

7. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

8. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Since 10.5.3 I don't have anything to moan about.
    10.4 was a little faster though, but timemachine with an external dive hooked up to my aebs - a dream. :D

9. n0de macrumors 6502

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. acxz macrumors regular

Been solid since 10.5.2 for me. 10.5.3 was a bit shaky but it went back to its usual self in 10.5.4.

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

13. alam macrumors regular

alam

my first mac was 10.4 and i loved it, after upgrading to 10.5.x i loved it more, i hope in 10.6 i will love it more and more again :rolleyes:

14. deriko100 macrumors 6502

loving it one thing i hate is that everytime when i try to connect my imac to my macbook or vise versa i get a error :mad:

15. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Really? I haven't had any issues with airport since the 10.5.5 update. Are you still on 10.5.4? I used to have problems reconnecting all the time after waking my computer up from sleep, but since I updated it has run flawlessly. :D

16. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Leopard, including the Airport part, has been pretty good to me.

If you are having these problems, have you done anything to address them? If I had constant problems with such an essential part of computing experience, I would have been very unhappy. Some of alternatives would have been: switching back to 10.4; switching back to Windows; contacting Apple support and, if the issue still persisted, returning the computer or Leopard retail package to Apple, invoking a chargeback if necessary. About the worst thing one can do is to not let Apple really know about problems with their products. Lack of such feedback would turn OS X into Windows in no time. :cool:

17. Wayne s macrumors regular

I have been a very happy Leopard user until today, leopard ruined a blank DVD I was writing to. How will I cope with the loss of my first DVD, the expense of replacing one blank DVD will cripple my finances and, combined with the "credit crunch" I now face major hardship and may file for bankruptcy.

18. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

lol?

19. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I feel for you. I once had iTunes ruin a blank CD, because it saw fit to somehow include a Wayne Newton song in a so-called "Smart Playlist". I tried to take the CD back to Best Buy but because there was nothing "technically" wrong with it, they wouldn't give me my 18¢ back. Cheap buggers. Now I always buy AppleCare on my blank media purchases and I sleep pretty well at night knowing they're covered should something go so catastrophically wrong again.

20. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

i've been happy with it's performance on my G5 but not so much on my 12" PowerBook. feels as if it took a big performance hit since tiger.

as for features, i've always liked the new Finder, QuickLook and Safari (though you can use Safari 3 on Tiger).

there have been a few things that just don't work well for me. Spaces being the first - it's implemented well, but it's just not for me. it feels like i'm fighting for control of what app is stealing focus, so i've turned that off since. Spotlight seems faster than it did on Tiger, but when i want to find a file specifically in a certain window it defaults by searching my entire mac.

overall i would say i'm extremely happy with Leopard even during the early bug fixes it didn't really hit me that hard. though i would recommend anyone on a G4 to stick with Tiger.

21. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

Upgraded from tiger some times ago and it gave new life to my Powerbook G4. Also like it on my Blackbook. I like the new features and find it was worth upgrading!

22. MacGeek777 macrumors newbie

I switched from a PC running XP (I know its so sad) and I got a Mac when Leopard came out, and I have loved it ever since and have been so much happier with it. I never once had to say "oh I wish Leopard did that."

23. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

you bet. Yesterday I nearly lost my keychain... time machine saved me. yehaw

24. old-wiz macrumors G3

Only problem I've had with Leopard is with Time Machine - it fails every week on the weekly backup. I've tried different physical FW400 disks to back up to, and it makes no difference. Strangely, the initial full backup went through without a hitch and the daily backups are fine.

25. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I, too, am very happy with Leopard on all 3 of my systems (ok, my iBook is a little sluggish).