Is February 2nd the day for MBP

paddler40

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I have been hearing from some that the MBP will have an update on Feb 2nd. Is there any truth to this. Or is this wishful thinking? I really hope it is for I will get my first ever Mac:)

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
Well my sources are saying no there is absolutely zero chance of this.

bluefox9er

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
I have been hearing from some that the MBP will have an update on Feb 2nd. Is there any truth to this. Or is this wishful thinking? I really hope it is for I will get my first ever Mac:)
where did you hear this or did you just make up some random date?

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009
We were 99.9% sure that Apple would release their MBPs along side their iPads on the same day. Now that they haven't, it's anybody's guess.

My personal guesstimate is after the 2nd week of February and before the 5th week of April.

bluefox9er

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
9/10 newbies are just 15 year old trolls just trying to stir something up, don't expect anything from someone who joined the forum on the same month that they post "secret insider information" :rolleyes:
lol im a 40yr old newbie to this forum and a new switcher to the mac :)

no insider info from me, im afraid!

paddler40

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
what

9/10 newbies are just 15 year old trolls just trying to stir something up, don't expect anything from someone who joined the forum on the same month that they post "secret insider information" :rolleyes:
That's quite a statement!!!:confused:

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
It's as likely to happen as you reading the other 50+ plus threads regarding the MBP updates and not posting a separate thread. Only Apple and God knows when the updated is going to happen. I don't have an inside connection with either.

bombwithrobots

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
Melbourne
It's as likely to happen as you reading the other 50+ plus threads regarding the MBP updates and not posting a separate thread. Only Apple and God knows when the updated is going to happen. I don't have an inside connection with either.
I'm following God on twitter and he hasnt mentioned the MBP at all.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
http://www.macworldexpo.com/

there was a picture taken of the new iPad where Jobs' had the iCal app open and Feb. 2nd was highlighted. I searched Giz for the photo (i saw it during the live blog on Wednesday), but couldn't find it. MacWorld is coming up, who knows if Apple is going to be there, or is going to release an update before hand.

bombwithrobots

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
Melbourne

there was a picture taken of the new iPad where Jobs' had the iCal app open and Feb. 2nd was highlighted. I searched Giz for the photo (i saw it during the live blog on Wednesday), but couldn't find it. MacWorld is coming up, who knows if Apple is going to be there, or is going to release an update before hand.
that'd be a cool little easter egg if it does turn out to be the 2nd.

JacaByte

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2009

It could just mean that he has a big date with his wife.

ttttttttttt9

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2010

The only iCal thing I see is this one from engadget:

Nothing special on Feb 2 in that one anyway, other than the fact that he clicked on that day I suppose. Was this different from what you saw? I mean I'd love to believe you, cause I really need a new laptop, but...

paddler40

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
just to clarify

It's just a comment on the obvious, people join, post threads claiming they have insider information with no proof. It happens a lot.
I was not saying I had inside info. I was simply trying to see if there was some connection or reliability with what some of said about Feb 2 "Tuesday" being an update. I apologize for being a new member to macrumors. I have been excited about the release and was just wondering if this might be the date.
An observation is there is a lot of sarcasm on this fourm.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
The only iCal thing I see is this one from engadget:

Nothing special on Feb 2 in that one anyway, other than the fact that he clicked on that day I suppose. Was this different from what you saw? I mean I'd love to believe you, cause I really need a new laptop, but...
If you really need a new laptop then go out and buy one. If you don't then don't.

It really is that simple. :rolleyes: