iPhone 11 Pro Is Haptic Touch on iPhone 11 Pro Max compatible with WhatsApp?

Isa Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Hey

I have just received my new iPhone today, and it seems that there 3D Touch is ditched for the Haptic Touch, but does it support WhatsApp?

on my iPhone Xs Max I used to press hard on the chat and I will be able to read the messages without actually opening the chat, but now I can't.

So is it a glitch in my iPhone, or WhatsApp doesn't support the new Hactic Touch in the new iPhones?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Oh :/ do you know if it's just temporary because the iPhone 11 and IOS 13 are still new, or that feature will never work in WhatsApp with the Hactic Touch?
Unless he’s a WhatsApp developer I doubt he knows! This is a feature I use and love a lot as well. Shame.

Isa Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Unless he’s a WhatsApp developer I doubt he knows! This is a feature I use and love a lot as well. Shame.
I meant to ask if he knows if such incidents happened before with WhatsApp or other apps whenever Apple releases a new iPhone or IOS.

And yeah, it was an amazing feature too bad it's not supported on the new iPhones. It was a life savor for me.

martin2345uk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2013
Manchester, UK
I do seem to recall WhatsApp being quite slow to update when Apple releases new phones...

I mean, they still don't have proper quick reply functionality - though to be fair I don't know if that's them or Apple preventing that.

I would imagine they would be working on getting dark mode working on iOS before any Haptic Touch stuff.