Is invisible shield worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlexDB9, Jun 24, 2010.

1. AlexDB9 macrumors regular

Tell me about it...does it really work well

I like the naked feel and have never put anything on any of my iPhones but this time around I want to protect the back of the phone.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes, it works really well, particularly for the iPhone. I've had it on all iPhones I've owned, including this one. I highly recommend it.

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I got the ghost armor installed at bestbuy. Similar product but I like it better. Both are good. I'm using the ghost and the bumper. Works great! Lifetime warranty on the armor through bestbuy.

4. AlexDB9 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys

One more question...Does it leave bubbles or smudges?

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Not if you install it correctly.

6. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Mines did and its normal, after 1 day all my bubbles were gone

7. AlexDB9 thread starter macrumors regular

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I've used BestSkinsEver, and also BodyGuardz for previous iPhones, I'm thinking about picking up the invisible shield for the back of the iPhone 4....

9. sleyeu macrumors 6502

catch 22, eh?

10. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Worth the protection - Yes
    Worth the price - No

11. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

i got the full body cause i will be using the Bumpers for the stainless steel antenna
    if you enter their iPad Giveaway, you will get a 50% coupon code

12. sethpen macrumors member

13. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I used BodyGuardz for my previous iPhone and already ordered it for this phone. Can't even tell it is on and traction is amazing. It is on PRE-ORDER on their website, but they said they will be shipping tomorrow (25th). :D

14. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

If you really feel the need for a skin, get the BSE - www.bestskinsever.com

They cost less for the same product as InvisibleShield and BodyGuardz and are always a better template and cut. However, like all skins, they have an orange peel like effect which is great for grip and tack. For this reason I have always ordered back only skins and never total body. Especially with the iP4, you don't want a skin like that on the screen. It just doesn't make sense with the clarity of the Retina Display.

The BSE's are like $5 for the back only which covers the back glass and then strip pieces for the steel band.

I have had them for my original iPhone, 3G iPhone, MacBook, and iPad and they rock. Tried a BodyGuardz for the MacBook and that was an absolute mistake.

If you feel the need for something on the front too. Get a PowerSupport or other brand static cling Film screen protector. They are smooth and feel just like the glass. But honestly, you don't need it.

I haven't used a screen protector film on my iPhone since my original iPhone and my 3G is now 2 years old and the screen is flawless. No case, just a back skin, and in my pocket all the time. I have even gotten out of my car a few times with my iPhone in my lap, and had it fall to the pavement, landing both on it's back and face down, with absolutely no damage to the skin on the back or the screen.

Personally, I got a black bumper to try and like it. I also ordered a BSE as through today or yesterday the back only skin was $4. I will most likely put it on the back and steel band.

15. camflan macrumors member

They're great. Since the front is the gorilla glass, I'm going to leave it naked for a bit, but did I buy the ZAGG invisible shield for the back shield. So, I have a brand new, never used front sheild for the iPhone 4 for sale. $15 shipped in the lower 48 or pickup (I'm in Orlando). Save yourself ~$7.

accept paypal (or pay via square if local).

http://twitter.com/camflan/status/16954778700

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

for the iphone 4 yes they are worth it. I hated the old design for the 3gs though

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

good deal. I'm gonna grab one now. I did get my iPad IS half off so that would be right on time. :)

18. AlexDB9 thread starter macrumors regular

I am about 4 minutes too late reading this. I live in Wellington too so it would of been a quick ship too. Next time

19. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I see they have a few to choose from. Is the total body skin front and back? Thanks!

20. camflan macrumors member

you can always cancel your order ;)

21. salanddaz macrumors member

On the IS maximum protection pack are the sides separate to the back or is it all one piece?

22. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Yes. Total body will include front, back, and side strips.

For my iPad I ordered back only and got the sides and back. Did the same for my iPhone 3G and my new iPhone 4. Saves like $2 or more, not sure what the price difference was on the iPad. I have no use for the front skin.

23. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I've had all three of the past iPhones covered and think I will be leaving the i4 nude this go around. Any "shield" looks great for the first few days after being installed, but after a few weeks of being taken in and out of pockets it starts getting really dirty and will start to peel off in the corners. And I've had all mine covered at an actual store where they have "professionals" who install it. It is warrantied for the first 30 days no questions asked, but after thirty if something happens you have to pay install fee again. So I'll leave the phone as it was meant to be...in the nude and carefully taken care of!

24. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Power Support skins do not have the orange peel texture or look (contrary to what was said above about ALL skins) and is invisible when installed. I've tried most all of the brands on my 3G phone and the Power Support one was the best IMO. All of the wet applied skins were consistently the worst and were the most difficult to apply cleanly.

25. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

PowerSupport only makes anti-static Films not skins. I believe I said that.

"If you feel the need for something on the front too. Get a PowerSupport or other brand static cling Film screen protector."