Is iOS 5 autocorrect "smarter"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeffrosproto, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

Today, I was typing out a text message: "Okay, sounds good." When I was typing, I accidentally typed "food" instead of "good." I've made this typo before in iOS4, but it just kept "food." iOS5 corrected it to "good." I did a quick search and didn't find anything about this, but is iOS5's auto correct "smarter"?

2. Cole JM macrumors regular

I hope so, but websites like www.damnyouautocorrect.com will not get any new content.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've been screwing up a bit more in iOS 5 for whatever reason.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think it is improved. i have noticed the same thing as you.. it did fix a sentence for me that iOS 4 never did

5. syko9000 macrumors newbie

For me, every time I type "ate" it corrects it to "are." "No, I'm not hungry, I just are a burrito..." I've typed it slowly and correctly many times and it always 'corrects' it to "are" unless the first letter is capitalized. I swear it makes far worse guesses than iOS4 when typing fast. It shouldn't fix real words ever. I think damnyouautocorrect.com will live on for a long while.

6. staeit macrumors member

Lately whenever I type the word "me" my iPhone cleverly either corrects it to mr or ms. That doesn't really sit well with mr - makes ms rather mad.

7. flipster macrumors 6502a

8. Surrix macrumors regular

I've also found iOS5's autocorrect to be much, much smarter. I can just flap away at the keyboard with my thumbs and it almost always comes out right ever since upgrading to iOS5. It seems like it's using logic to determine what the next word should be along with the keys you've pressed.

9. danielissocool macrumors newbie

not so smart or too smart ==

I typed kekeke at the end of the sentence and pressed sent button and I found out, kekeke was automatically corrected into "jerker" -_-

10. yourmother macrumors regular

i dont know if this is true but i heard ios5 allows spelling check to be enabled without autocorrect.

if thats the case thats all i need. there are times when im writing an email when I need my spelling to be correct and when im texting when I dont care. please iphone STOP CHANGING me to mr