Is iOS 7 designed for a White iPhone?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
At the bottom it says features see subject to change. Everything about iOS7 looks unpolished, very beta like.

And apple puts their signature on it?
Listen, I can respect your opinion, but its just that, an opinion. I don't think we are going to see wild changes at all. What we have now is an almost finished product, most likely. I honestly think it looks great. Agree to disagree I guess.

Also, saying "features see subject to change" is how a company covers its butt in case people start whining up a storm if Apple has to pull something for whatever reason. Fine print like that is pretty par for the course these days and is no indication that one thing or another will be different at final release.

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
Listen, I can respect your opinion, but its just that, an opinion. I don't think we are going to see wild changes at all. What we have now is an almost finished product, most likely. I honestly think it looks great. Agree to disagree I guess.

Also, saying "features see subject to change" is how a company covers its butt in case people start whining up a storm if Apple has to pull something for whatever reason. Fine print like that is pretty par for the course these days and is no indication that one thing or another will be different at final release.
I wouldn't say it looks great but I do think it looks pretty basic. But I don't remember the features subject to change quote from the previous release...

Last edited:

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I think Apple is going down on this one... I'm not that impressed with the new look. The icons are so simple that looks ugly. The thin fonts are ugly too. This year will be an Android year... sorry Apple!!!..

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
True story: (maybe)

Apple has a surplus of white phones and they're trying to drum up appeal of white so they can reduce surplus.

msz7

macrumors member
May 27, 2013
It really depends on the wallpaper. I have iOS 7 running on a black iPhone 4S. It looks great with the space background included. The black iPhone still looks great with iOS 7

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wouldn't say it looks great but I do think it looks pretty basic. But I don't remember the features subject to change quote from the previous release...
I don't necessarily remember it from one release or another. But I can certainly say I have seen it before. And usually, features don't end up changing, almost at all. Again, legal and pr butt covering. That's likely it.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
considering I have a Black IP5 it does not look soo bad, however it really looks great on the white one, oh well, stuck with my IP5 until the 6 or new model comes out in 2014

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Here you go.
It's somewhat worse when you have an app like Mail, Messages, Settings, or App Store (for example) open, where it's predominantly white, with thin fonts, and thin blue "icons"/arrows--looks quite garish on a black iPhone in particular.

Luuthian

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah I mentioned this in another thread. The current theme seems heavily skewed towards a white iPhone. They need to either adjust the icons/apps to be more neutral, or offer a secondary theme.

I'm just surprised no one caught any of this the first time around. Maybe it's because they only had six months to work on the software? Either way, the lack of color consideration is noticeable.

Bawstun

macrumors 68000
Jun 25, 2009
Apple has always been known for white products though. Making a white iPhone just to please that audience is an example. They've never made black accessories and still ship with white cords, chargers, etc.

I *hope* they make a dark version of iOS 7, because I HATE reading text with a white background but I really doubt they will. :(

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Why are all the screenshots shown on a white iPhone?

All of the screenshots of iOS 7 on Apple.com and in the keynote were shown on a white iPhone. Anyone know why?