Is Iphone 5 coming in september?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ramius, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Ramius macrumors 6502

My 3GS battery is starting to fail alot. And I definitly need to buy a new phone, but not right away.

Would it be stupid to get the 4S now?

Google told me iPhone 5 is probably coming in september. How much do people believe in this? Will it happen? Is Apple holding some kind of event? Or will it happen next year instead?

I see people all the time with cracked 4S screens, and I really dont like that. I want to throw my phone on the table without fearing the screen will break.

Are there some clear indications that iPhone 5 is infact coming this year? Some near-definate proof?

2. 184550 Guest

Given nothing was said at WWDC this year regarding the future of the iPhone, I think it's safe to assume that Apple will stick to a Fall release schedule.

3. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Yep for sure a new iPhone will launch this fall.

You could get the battery repaired locally and wait just a few months for the new phone.

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

September or October. If you can survive till then, you should.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes. Worth it!

http://www.iresq.com/iphone-repair/iphone-3gs/iphone3g-battery.html

Besides, then your 3GS will be usable as an iPod after you get a new phone in the fall. You'll get more than just 3 months use out of a new battery.

6. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Sell it - especially with a new battery, you should get a good price.

8. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Why not give it to someone or sell it for a few bucks?

9. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope. Gonna throw it away. To recycling.

10. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

dude sell it at least

EDIT: well i'm slow but throwing it away is a waste.... even if it is recycling

11. szolr macrumors 6502

Definitive proof, right? :rolleyes:

12. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Is this the new phone. Or just another one of many hoaxes?
    [​IMG]

To be honest... if this is it, I think Apple is kind of loosing their elegance. That looks very bulky and detailed. Not curved, even and simple, which used to be the Apple design criteria.

13. 184550 Guest

No one will know until Tim unveils it.

14. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Wait.

I've been using my 3GS with a shattered screen held into place with two strips of tape since October, if I can do that, I know you'll be fine, lol.

15. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

You can also wait and see if there are new WP8 phones in the fall. I am following the keynote and boy does it look very promising. Excited to see what comes in the fall.

16. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Nobody knows what it will look like for sure. We also don't know 100% that it will be released in September or October, but it seems pretty likely at this point.

So are you throwing your 3GS away or recycling it? I couldn't tell for sure from your previous statement. Selling it to someone is also a way of recycling. It's that whole "re-use" part...

17. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Im throwing it away. By delivering it to electronic waste management at my local electronics store.

Its exactly the same as throwing it in the thrash can, except Im just doing it in the right trash can.

Trust me, nobody wants to buy an old 3GS. Atleast not here. But I will say this though. I always thought and still think, that the 3GS looked much nicer then the iPhone 4 and 4S.

18. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Wasn't there a report from one of the presidents of the manufacturing plants who have been reputable in the past about Apple rumors that said production for the new iPhone is on schedule, and in fact, going so well that there could be a possible early launch. He said it could be as early as September.

Obviously not a confirmation of any kind, but a one month advance release isn't beyond belief.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

People on E-Bay are still paying over $100 for them.

Can you "throw" yours away by mailing it to me? I, uh, promise I'll "recycle" it. :D

20. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Even once the new iPhone comes along and Apple stops selling the 3GS, there will still be a market for them. People break their phones and want a cheap one to hold them over for a while. People buy them to use as iPods. But if throwing it away is what makes you feel good, go for it!

21. Indy21 macrumors 6502

If this holds true...

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...uld_see_apple_intro_new_iphone_ipad_mini.html

"Analyst Brian White with Topeka Capital Markets is in Taipei this week, meeting with local contacts in the supply chain, and attending the 2012 Computex Show that is expected to see 120,000 visitors. While speaking with his supply chain sources, he picked up word that Apple is set to have an "exciting" September"

...please let it be September...PLEEEEEZ!!!

22. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

September or October. No way I'd upgrade now.

23. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I had a black iPhone 4, sold it and got an HTC Inspire. Sold it and got a white iPhone 4. Sold that and got a Galaxy s2. Traded the GS2 to my mom for another black iPhone 4. She hated the GS2 and now my husband has it and I have an iPhone 3gs. I like the design of it much better than the 4, but the 4's screen is so beautiful.

You think I'd realize by now I just love the iPhone more than any other lol. Apparently it takes me time to learn these things haha.

24. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

I´m a rich ass man. I just got a job, and I actually shower in money.
    Money is just as common to me as water. And sometimes I get too much of it, so throwing **** away is like peeing for me.

25. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

OH YA! get a load of this...

Had a dumb phone, upgraded to iPhone 4, sold that, got a Sony Arc, sold that, got a Galaxy Nexus, sold that, got an iphone 4s, sold that, got a HTC sensation, sold that, got an LG optimus LTE, sold that and now I have an iphone 4.

If I can sell that for a small profit I will. Each buy sell I made a small profit. I will be able to Buy an Unlocked iphone5 from apple.ca when it becomes available.

Nothing operates as smoothly as an iPhone. It does "JUST WORK" but it does so because its propriatary, apple has to only make their OS work for their hardware. Near impossible to unlock and jailbreak to side load apps and make modifications. But the user experience is just so much more enjoyable. Why does txting on the iphone's 3.5" screen so much easier than any android 4.5" screen?

----------

your so rich that you need to hang out on forums with the poor folk to give meaning to your life.