Is it a bad idea to get an ipad 2 now ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Che Castro, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

When do you guys think the ipad 3 is coming out

I know all the features the ipad 2 has im wondering what can apple do to improve it with the ipad 3 ? Othe than retina display what else could they add

Im very happy with my iphone 4 and wont be updating to 4s so im getting an iPad instead

Does the ipad 2 screen look worst than the iphone 4 screen ?

But i dont want to buy an ipad now if a new one is coming out in 2 months , i cant wait

But im thinking since the iphone was a few months late maybe the ipad 3 will be also ?

2. MarcBook, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I bought an iPad 2 instead of the 4S and I'm very happy with it. Yes, its display looks pretty fuzzy in comparison to the iPhone's Retina Display, but it's still a beautiful display that's well suited to browsing the Web etc.

I'm planning on upgrading to the iPad 3 (or 2S, if they go that way), as long as it's got a resolution upgrade. I would, however, be happy to continue using the iPad 2 for another year. It's a fantastic device.

If you think you can wait a few months until the next model is unveiled, however, then do so. I'm terrible at waiting, which is why I went ahead and bought the iPad now.

P.S. It seems that the 4S was delayed because of Siri development and the iPhone 5 was pushed back to next year because of production problems. No such delays have been reported with the iPad (apart from that it'll be next year, not Q4 2011), so it'll probably be released in the Spring like the previous two generations. I did also read that the A6 chip might not be ready until the Summer, however.

In summary: the iPad 3 will probably be released either in March/April or June/July/August.

3. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

Yea thats a bummer i dont want to go from retina to fuzzy

4. doboy macrumors 68000

Yeah, Apple's retina display ruined all of us. However, I still prefer using iPad 2 over iPhone 4.

5. applefan289 macrumors 68000

You can't beat the iPad for viewing things comfortably on a big screen while also having amazing portability.

But the iPhone is extremely portable, has a better camera, etc.

You really can't compare the two, but overall I think I like the iPhone better because it really can do anything at any time.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

Yes, I know. I was trying to tell OP that I prefer iPad's (fuzzier) screen for reading over iPhone 4's retina screen.

7. musika macrumors 65816

musika

iPad2 is wonderful.. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4s. You'd love both. go for it

8. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

so if i buy the ipad 2 for $500

for how much would i get selling it on ebay in a few months ?

9. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

iPads generally have good resale value. Just buy it man, you really wont regret it. Even if you just want it for browsing the internet, it does it as well/better than most computers.

10. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

That would depend on a number of factors, such as the iPad's condition, whether you sell it before or after the release of the iPad 3, how the economy is fairing at the time, what carrier it's with, and I'm sure several others that I can't think of now off the top of my head.

In any case, I love my iPad 2 and I think it's a worthy investment, no matter how soon the iPad 3 will be released and how advanced its internals will be.

11. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I bought an iPad instead of a 4S and I am very satisfied.

The iPhone screen is just too small to enjoy gaming with the new processor.
    The iPad 2 runs iOS 5 like a dream.

Get one, you won't regret it!

12. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

It's coming out on Tuesday.

13. Fissure macrumors 6502

Bought a 4S to replace my 2+ year old 3GS, then a few days later picked up a iPad 2 to replace my 14 month old iPad 1.

I loved my iPad 1 but wanted the A5 processor and 512MB of RAM. I could care less about the cameras. It might be my perception but I felt iOS 5 on the iPad 1 felt a bit sluggish and reloady (Safari reloading pages too often, even worse after iOS 5). I use my iPad all the time so felt it was worth the upgrade.

iPad 3? Well, I guess I'll see what it entails and when but I'll need a similar usable performance reason to upgrade to it.

14. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

You won't see iPad 3 before March 2012. iPad 2 is a great device, go ahead and buy it. I don't think iPad 3 will be a major update like the iPad 2, waiting 5 months isn't worth it.

15. 4zuresky macrumors member

It's actually not that bad. You'll definitely get used to it and the big screen for the iPad is a BIG plus because you can view a lot more things at once :) It's a lot easier on your eyes too.