Is it just me? Regarding iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrSoprano, Oct 7, 2011.

1. MrSoprano macrumors member

Is anyone else upset that the iPhone 4S Wireless N still only supports the 2.4GHz band instead of both 2.4 and 5GHz?

I have a dual band router and reserve the 5GHz band for N only. Maybe I don't know the technology well enough, but I thought that if I opened Wireless N on both 2.4 and 5GHz that I would lose speed.

If anyone has any input on this please let me know your thoughts.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

3. lilo777 macrumors 603

Most people probably don't care. There are much bigger issues with this phone.

4. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yeah, like them selling out.

5. lilo777 macrumors 603

Just checked on apple.com - delivery for all models is still October 14th. Does it look like it is selling out?

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yes, delivery times just slipped to 1-2 weeks.

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

5GHz on a phone would blow through battery just like LTE would. I'm kinda glad they stayed with 2.4GHz. Why don't you just connect your iPhone to the G side of your router? It won't make a difference.

Yup. Looks like a lot of people that were adamant about this iPhone not selling well was way way way off. Within a day, Apple has already sold out of the first batch of iPhones in each of its seven launch countries. Not bad.

9. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

It's just haters wanting to hate, for the sake of hating. It's gotten old, really. This is the 5th generation iPhone in a row that has debunked naysayers, and I've gotten used to reading complaints towards Apple on internet forums with a grain of salt. Nothing beats the truth in these statistics and sales reports.

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It is the same trolls over and over. I just see their stupid posts when others quote them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 5g band being used but I assume there is a technical reason

11. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

No, 2.4 GHz has better range and penetration through walls. The only time you will see benefit when using 5GHz is if you are in the same room as the router and and doing some intense local file sharing or dealing with possible interference.

12. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Spot on. Will get mine on launch day hopefully in Ireland on the 28th, much the same as I did with the previous ones. Couldnt give a toss about the doom and gloomers

13. mazmaximus macrumors newbie

Weird wifi syncing problem, is this related?

This is the situation, I have an airport running dual band, two iphone 4Ss and one ipad. My wife has wifi synced her iphone 4S with her air with no issues. I have synced my ipad with my mini with no issues. However, I can't for the life of me get my iphone to wifi sync with the mini.

I've tried everything short of restoring the whole thing and starting from scratch.

Here's what I've doen so far...
    - soft reset the iphone
    - rebooted the computer
    - turned on and off, then on again, all the toggles (i.e. Enable Wifi sync, etc.)
    - USB synced the iphone normally

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Why is it so hard for some people to put the TOPIC n the TITLE?

Sort of like when my Mom sends me an email. It always says in the subject line "Mom".