Is it ok if a guy uses a red iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

What will girls think about a guy they're interested in dating if he had a red iPhone? I have a space grey right now and no problems.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

I don't think there's a single answer as to what "girls" think, as all girls cannot be categorised into a single bucket. However, what I'd still say, is be confident enough in your own masculinity, to not give a duck. Get a red one if you want to. And why even have ******** about male and female colours and all that? It's a bunch of bullocks anyways.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Red implies passion, so a red iPhone should be a good choice with the ladies, right?

But, if a red iPhone gives you any problems, then there are plenty of cases that will hide that evil red color, some almost completely.
    "bunch of bollocks" --- yes, I agree.

4. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

You must be way too young to be worry what others think about your choice of color for a device.

P.s. I rocked the rose gold when the 6s came out.

5. JohnApples macrumors 65816

You know it's 2017 when people are insecure about the color of their iPhone.

I won't repeat what's already been said here, and what will inevitably be repeated many more times, but if it makes you feel any better: know that so far the only people I've seen with a red iPhone have been males. Make of that what you will.

6. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Yo, Delta...... Is that an actual quote from anybody ever?... Curious now, hehe

7. jenag145 macrumors newbie

I'm a female and I really don't care what color phone a man has

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yah, sure... The quote is from DeltaMac (which would be me)... You can quote me on that. :D
    You may use it to your heart's content, no fees, completely without restriction.

9. edfoo macrumors regular

Same question as is it OK if a guy drives a red car?

10. Sunny1990, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

Sunny1990 macrumors 65816

Sunny1990

A "Real Man" uses what ever color he likes. I have owned all colors, from Space Grey - Rose Gold to Red. i am currently using a Red iPhone 7 Plus and there is nothing wrong with it. No one judge me from what color phone i have.

11. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Then, you also know what happens with the ladies, when you whip out your big red "iPhone", eh?

12. edfoo macrumors regular

Nothing happen because the ladies also own red iPhones. They won't be impress with your 5.5" "iPhone" anyway :D

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Just keep in in your pocket and pull it out when no one is looking.
    As long as its not pink I think you are ok.

14. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I think he has a RED IPhone for the same Reason women sometimes wear Red high heels it's a Hey Look at Me sign. He IMO wants attention.

Not gonna say if that's bad or good.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Or he could just like the color red.

16. michael9891 macrumors 6502

The day I worry about what people think of my choice of colour phone is the day I should give up on life.

17. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

I have a red 7+. Previous phone was a matte black 7+ and I didn’t want to do the same thing and the red stood out.

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

Something tells me you live in a farm somewhere in a small town in the midwest.

19. Playfoot macrumors member

Well, all I can write, is that when you reach that stage in life that you can want, bend and afford a Ducati or Ferrari, you will be disappointed if you are worried about red...

All joking aside, red is a great colour. Passionate, hot, bright. Go for it. Finally, if she doesn't date you because you have a red phone, then likely, you should not be dating her.

20. freezedroidSucks macrumors newbie

freezedroidSucks

Just as long as you don’t put a hot pink case on it with glitter. That away they won’t think you’re gay. Ha ha. I’m just kidding around! :-D

Actually, I wouldn’t mind having a red iPhone 7. The last 2 iPhones that I’ve had have been silver.

Source: Apple
    For 10 years, our partnership with (RED) has supported HIV/AIDS programs that provide counseling, testing, and medicine that prevents the transmission of HIV from a mother to her unborn child. So far, we’ve raised over $130 million through the sale of our (RED) products. Now we’re introducing iPhone 7 (PRODUCT)RED™ Special Edition. Every purchase brings us a step closer to an AIDS‑free generation.

21. Jimmy James macrumors 68030

They'll think he either gets menstrual cycles or he's comfortable with their menstrual cycles. One is really bad. One is really good.

22. freezedroidSucks macrumors newbie

freezedroidSucks

23. Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

iPhone colors are not gender orientated and Apple never intended it to be that way. It's about what the consumer likes.

24. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

We really need the keynote to get here. :D

25. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Ha fml

I couldn't give a hoot what a male or female thinks about my red iPhone. I got stick at work when unboxing my new device but I simply fell in love with the colour of this phone and have no inclination to push this colour toward either gender. Who cares? I like red, same colour as my football team! (Red & white)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.