Is it possible to get time left on current even in Calendar ?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by /V\acpower, Mar 29, 2017.

1. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have a simple problem I want to "solve".

I'm a teacher.

Every day of the week, my different classes start and end at different hours, and vary in length (like 1h45 or 2h40)

I always add my classes for the semester in Calendar.

The official calendars widget are nice to give me the room and the time for my upcoming class.

However, one thing I really really would like to have in a widget is one that would pick the current event that is happening in my calendar and give me a simple "Time left" timer, or even just the time where the event end. Because as soon as an event start, the official widgets give me the upcoming one, or an imprecise "image" of the current event. But what I really want is simply : "25 minutes left..." or "Event end at 10h40"

Is there such an app that can do that in iOS ?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are various calendar/event widgets available that do a better job at displaying events and related information, but off the top of my head I don't quite recall if there might be some that do what you are asking about (I believe that at least some of them show the end time, so at least that should be an option, but I'm not sure about the remaining time).

There's a fairly good thread about calendar/event widgets at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-10-calendar-widget.1998705/ which can give you a better idea of other third party widgets that are out there that you can try and/or ask about perhaps from those who use or tried those widgets themselves.