Is it possible to repair my logic board by soldering?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by soliloquy101, Oct 5, 2014.

1. soliloquy101 macrumors newbie

So my left shift button and power button was kinda screwed after trying to clean it with Dettol spray (don't ask why), which I managed to resolve. But a month later my power button stopped working (which is connected to the keyboard). So I removed the bottom case and tried to jump start it by short circuiting it, which was eventually successful, but i had to disconnect the keyboard connector, which meant i couldn't log on. Afterwards i ended up frying the fuse and diode just adjacent to the battery connector as well as this metal teeth. Am I able to resolder or reimplant these components?

The big photo is the photo of what it looks like right now as i've described, the smaller photo is what it's supposed to look like if undamaged.

Attached Files:

2. soliloquy101 thread starter macrumors newbie

here's an enlarged version of that small photo of what it would look like if undamaged.

Attached Files:

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do you have a pic with better resolution?

----------

Theoretically, if you somehow manage to obtain the corresponding components needed, you can fix the issue by manually soldering it.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

What were you shorting? There are special pads to short if you need to power it on without the top case!

If you can find the part you can of course solder it on, but you may have done other damage (if a fuse has blown, chances are there's other damage too).