Is it possible to return headphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by baiyinkai, Aug 16, 2010.

1. baiyinkai macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I just bought a pair of Dr. Dre Monster Beats Studio headphones at the Apple Store,Regent Street. It doesn't fit properly and it hurts my ears. Is it possible to get a refund from the store? I did some research on the web and someone said that it's possible but I will lose 10% due to restocking and what-not.
    Thank you in advance. :)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes you can return them and there shouldn't be a restocking fee (at least in the United States). Should say if there is a restocking fee on the back of the receipt.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I would suspect that headphones would be excluded from returns once they are used. I certainly wouldn't want to buy headphones that have been worn by a person that I don't know.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

At least online store doesn't say anything about them being not returnable. Call and ask if you want to know for sure

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've returned headphones back to Apple after trying them out; and these were in the plastic cases you have to cut open. I was told they don't resell them, but rather send them back to the manufacturer to be refurbished.

6. baiyinkai thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Appreciate it. :)

7. vladzaharia macrumors regular

If it's bought from the Apple Store, you can definitely do it. I exchanged headphones after half a month when they stopped working, they accepted it with no problem.

Do note that any Apple Resellers are not as kind. I have seen return information excluding headphones (even if they're completely defective) from several.

8. jonnycage41 macrumors newbie

Its according to me depends on the store where you bought the head phones from. What are there terms and conditions towards return. Just try giving them a call and asking them about the details whether they retake bought items or not. :)