Is It Too Late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Jun 2, 2015.

1. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

Is it too late to get the 6+? I am looking to return my S6 Edge for a 64 GB iPhone 6+, but I would have to pay about $70 more from my carrier (restocking and price difference), is it too late to get a 6+ for the MSRP of $850 (hands are tied, so cannot get a refund for the S6E.)

Will the phone remain viable in the future with iOS9, or will we see substantial upgrades with iOS 9 that will be available on the 6S+ but not the 6+?

Can we see multi-window on the 6+?

How does the processor compare to the Octacore Exynos that the S6 offers? What about app refreshing and browser refreshing?

Which color retains the best value for an iPhone? I am thinking about buying a Gold one or Space Black.

How reliable is Apple Pay?

I'll ask more questions if I can think of some later. Thanks for your time.

2. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

Definitely not too late. Especially since the 6S will (most likely) only have a few spec bumps.

iPhone 6 will remain a great phone for a long time.

As for color, it's really only about your preference. I've had all colors of iPhones and haven't found one to be a better seller than the other when it comes to resale. Get what you like now.

3. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Few spec bumps like a tri core processor with 2 GB of RAM, 12 MP camera with potential 4k photography and video recording, and force touch?

I would love if the next iPhone had more ram, more MP for the camera, multi-window, more battery/power saving options, more NFC features, band 12 support on T-Mobile, and theming options.

I am anticipating a move to the 6S+/6S, but I don't know for sure until I hear about the 2015 iPhone. I know for sure that I want to leave Samsung due to the carriers manipulating software updates, battery life issues, aggressive RAM management, high tab refreshing, lack of Google Maps showing up on the lock screen, and other nitty gritty stuff I have on Touchwiz.

4. Juarez7514 macrumors member

Never to late. Jump on board. And if you really want the 6s you could always sell your 6+ and pay the difference

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

why don't you like your s6 edge? just wondering i almost bought one this week

6. maj71303 macrumors member

maj71303

Probably like a good bit of people found out it has bad standby which equates to overall bad battery life. I had one and sent it back before the buyers remorse time ended and won't be making that mistake again.

7. maj71303 macrumors member

maj71303

IMO if you take the phone back just get something cheap to tied you over till the next iPhone is released.

8. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Never too late. Apple has good resale value. Sell your 6+ if you decide to get the 6S or 6S+.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I would sincerely wait. If the 6+ was a great phone then I'd say jump in, but with the 6S+ less than four months away the smart money is to stall for that.

10. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I would encourage waiting. The 6S spec bump doesn't seem so tiny in comparison to other S models.
    Can't you buy a cheap phone like the Moto G to tide you over till the 6S+?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It will definitely be viable for iOS9. Don't think think apple would be eviscerated if a barely one year old phone was unable to be upgraded?

As for getting it now vs. waiting. I'd wait, Apple will be rolling out newer versions in the fall, while I do believe the that the current phones will handle iOS9, why spend a lot of money on a premium product that will be getting replaced with a newer one in a few months.

12. kargurin macrumors regular

kargurin

Owning enough Androids I just assume that it will need an extended battery. For me anyway as has been the case for all the recent ones I owned. Problem is that they are being phased out. All this silliness over being slim as moved me over from android to the 6+ where battery life is outstanding. It's more than the inconvenience of having to plug in during the day. It's getting a call at the wrong time when you are out of juice. Hopefully this slimness war will end but I'm not hopeful.

13. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Apps constantly refresh, the battery life is bad, wifi calling cannot work properly, and some other qwerks that Touchwiz has that I cannot take like a screen flickering when on a call. I'll take my chances on the iPhone instead.

14. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Well, I would wait if the Galaxy wasn't so buggy. I just feel like the time is right to permanently move onto Apple. I am really itching to leave Samsung.

15. rockitdog macrumors 68020

With all of the talk of the lag and stuttering the iPhone 6+ has now, I would wait. If you were talking about a regular iPhone 6 I'd say go for it but even though I've never used a 6+ there is enough complaining to make me pause and wait.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Listen mate, the 6+ is the worst phone on the planet for reloading/refreshing so please don't jump ship for that reason. Seriously. I'm sure that the S6 will be patched for the reloading issue because the Note 4 (*on KitKat) doesn't do it and that has the same amount of RAM.

17. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

its really not. sure theres some software issues. but its still better than most phones.

18. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I didn't say anything about the 6+ in general, just that if someone is considering the 6+ because their current phone is driving them up the wall with reloading....then this REALLY isn't the phone to plump for. My 6+ drives *me* up the wall with reloading all the time. Seriously, I couldn't imagine a device which reloads more than the 6+. It simply isn't possible. My old iPhone 5 reloaded much, much less and my Android tablet reloads wayyyy less.

19. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

have you tried to restore from new? i just got a new one. it came with 8.3 and i didn't restore from a back up. its been great so far compared to the one i had from December

20. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

What did you exchange for?
    ...and what improvements have you seen, other than the fault you exchanged it for?

Mine has had clean installs for every single update.

21. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Well, I ordered a 6+ 64gb Gold. I am not paying MSRP of $850 either. Now, is Apple Care worth it? Does it help resale value much come September time?

22. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I used an s6 Edge for a couple days (6+ is my daily driver) and I very much liked it. Sleek, light, beautiful screen and fast. Edge screen is a just a novelty right now, but pretty cool. Every once in awhile I'll try out a new Android device and they continue to get better and better but ultimately, like others have said, the battery life was atrocious. I even went online tweaked and disabled a bunch of things to "improve" battery life and it was still bad. It drained 12% overnight and I didn't touch it. I shouldn't have to run my screen brightness at 25% just to get through the day.

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

It seemed like for the longest time Android users would brag about the features of android finally making their way to iOS, but generally Android has had poor battery management. As of late, Android is starting to catch up on some devices, but not Samsung for the S6.

24. mizmimi02 macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

As others have stated, the "S" line usually only had minor upgrades. I would jump on it, never to late. :)

25. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Look at some YouTube Video's on battery life and the S6 is much better than iPhone 6.