Is It Too Late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Jun 2, 2015.

1. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

I'm going to need a real life source. Not just a source that sits the devices next to each other and lets them run.

2. mizmimi02 macrumors 6502

mizmimi02

I have not had a single buggy issue, nor any other issue with my 6+. Apps load fine, refresh is fine, I can scroll without it being jumpy, and I can easily get 24 hours out of my battery. Everyone uses their phone differently, so don't take one persons "this phone is crappy", and apply that to the opinion of everyone. I have not had one single issue with mine, and I've had it since launch. Never done a fresh wipe and install either. Do what works for you.

3. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

The 's' line usually has larger performance (internal) upgrades.

5. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 603

nviz22

I got the 6+ today and I love it. Nice display, buttery smooth UI, responsive fingerprint scanner, nice camera, and good battery. There is the occasional hiccup from time to time, but I can get by.

6. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

Glad you like your new iP6+. It's a great phone. I've been considering S6 for a while since I heard lots of good things about it (I've never used an android so I have this longing to try one out) but I highly doubt I would replace it for my iP6+.

7. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 603

nviz22

Thanks. I think you're making the right decision as well since your 6+ offers better battery life, easier to use camera software, more apps, presents better information in the form of "Widgets," a bigger display, faster updates, iMessaging, Apple's Apps and Services, you don't need to rebuy apps on the Play Store, iCloud is convenient, etc.

What the S6 offered was better features, a nice build quality (fragile though), a kick ass camera with the double tap launching feature, a slimmed down touchwiz (still problematic though), a vivid display (albeit smaller and unnecessarily powerful), amazing SoC architecture (14nm Exynos), tons of RAM, and curved sides on the Edge.

Is it worth that stuff if you have apps force closing (Amazon app that you cannot delete and only disable), wifi calling doesn't work with VOLTE unless you want less battery by a country mile, aggressive RAM management bugs, screen flickering bugs, heating from time to time, lack of battery life, Touchwiz lagging from time to time, getting updates really late? To me it wasn't so, I switched to the 6+. I suggest you do not look at the S6 at all since the Note 5 will be the best Samsung has to offer. I think I am going to stick with Apple for future generations due to my skepticism towards Samsung and carriers.

8. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

My friend was showing me something on his i6+ yesterday. I was looking over his shoulder as he as going in and out of all sorts of stuff, rotating the display, opening up youtube, etc. Smooth as silk. With 50 million of them sold, I'm sure some number have issues, but this is the case through apple history.

I personally would just wait it out, in Apple time it's a lifetime, but in reality it's a couple of months until the next-gen phone drops.

9. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 603

nviz22

I already got mine yesterday. I am keeping it too. I just like it way too much and I am in a wait and see approach for the 6S/6S+ right now.