Is it worth standing in line at 3am?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by diegoesk, Feb 9, 2011.

1. diegoesk macrumors regular

If your in NYC right now, you will agree that these have been the coldest two days this year.

I could wait four hours in the cold or pre-order online now but run the risk of missing the package since im rarely home... UGHHH :(

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i am in upstate new york and there is no way id would wait out in this cold. its a sweet phone, but not worth getting hypothermia over. pre-order and have it shipped to a friends or neighbors who will be home so you can pick it up at your convenience

3. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

I'm debating whether or not to head over there. I have a preorder but i have the 2/18/2011 ship date. No one is in line and it's not too cold. It's only 5 1/2 hours I've waited longer for other things.

4. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

This is why you were supposed to order last week so you'd have yours in your hand right now.

It's up to you man. My favorite phone, so far, that I've owned and I've had about 30 phones in the past 6yrs (I worked for a Cell company for about 5 of those 6). That's just some cold weather. I'm in AZ so I'm wearing shorts and a Tshirt today so I'd do it, but I don't think I could hang in that weather.

If you want it tomorrow for sure then go.

5. diegoesk thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder how many ppl are outside the apple store right now? LOL

Dandrews- How long does it take from the time they verify your account to the time vIphone arrives to your door step? More than 1 business day?

NC- Im thinking about going to a aVerizon store in the hood where no one will be outside and I'm almost guaranteed a phone on the spot:D

6. kardiackeith macrumors member

Forget what all these people are saying. Go bundle up and have some fun. Makes some buddies in line, and have an enjoyable wait for your new iPhone. Make a story out of it. You know you don't want to order online, then wait for freaking ever to get the phone in your hands, then run the risk of not being home (you're never home, you said so yourself lol).

DO IT!!! You can have an iPhone for in 4 hours or 7 days (maybe). Your choice.

7. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

Well we got frozen precipitation and snow soon. But i dunno. I won't have an internet connection unless they have wireless out side the store.

8. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

No way.

You waited all this time. Wait til the crowds die down.

Not worth it imo.

9. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

well lets see i ordered at about 2:45 am on feb 3rd and received my iphone on feb 7th at 2:50 pm. dont forget that includes two weekend days which dont count. when i ordered the phone it said free overnight shipping. i dont know if that is still going on but it was nice and i got my phone quicker than expected

10. diegoesk thread starter macrumors regular

well I think kardiac keith read my inner thoughts.. The only time I've ever stood online for anything was Call of Duty Black ops.

to think I was a crackberry fanboy a couple years ago then one day a customer left her iphone 4 at our store and I had hours to play with it... The rest was history...:D

I'll let you guys know how it goes... thanks!!!

11. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

Well I am sitting out here at the corporate store in my town. Theres 4 of us out here so far and an old lady security guard is keeping track of who is in line. It's snowing and i'm getting wireless from the chinese place across the street.

12. diegoesk thread starter macrumors regular

nice! verizon store?

13. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

I'm in VA, and it's snowing something fierce here. I was wondering how this might affect the release for store goers. I actually already have my phone because I was in the first round of pre-orders last week.

Verizon store goers will be getting snowed on, but our local Apple store is inside a mall.

14. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

Yeah. The lady just went to sleep. I hope she wakes up and remembers people. Shes letting us stay in our cars for now so it's all good. Warm in here. I just wish I could study for philosophy but I just can't concentrate.

15. diegoesk thread starter macrumors regular

you guys think its safe to cancel my preorder which is still "pending"..?

ALso= for credit checks- is that done immediately after you hit submit or it comes later?

ive cancelled and resubmitted so many times, my credit score is probably in the low 300's

16. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

Here's my view for the next 4 hours. Number 4 in line. Sooo ready to get mine. Pictures will be better once I get my iPhone haha!

Attached Files:

17. Donny Jepp macrumors member

You can either spend a few hours waiting or a few days to weeks before they get in more stock.

18. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Sweet! It will be worth it in 4 hours, I can promise you. Keep us updated, and stay warm!

19. ncstatered21 macrumors regular

yeah i had an order placed last night at 3am so its been a long few nights. I figured I would cancel after I had seen no line at the store. Luckily the chinese place has wifi across from across the street.

20. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Hoorah!

My spot in line was... oh wait. I got mine on Monday! :)

I bet it would be a blast, though, if it was the Summer. I think it'd be fun to hang w/ some like minded peeps for a few hours all excited for the same product.

Hopefully someone brought a MiFi for people to use :)

21. mo25 macrumors member

22. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Good luck man! A fine quest that I assure you will be well worth it.

23. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Waiting in line with like-minded folks is always a blast, and I can't wait to do it again for the iPhone 4GS. But I'd have to think twice before standing in line in cold ass NYC.

24. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

lol nice!

25. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo