Is Jailbreakme 3.0 stable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tom8, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Hi

I'm sorry if a topic similar to this already exists. But i've read some reports on here and elsewhere the jailbreakme 3.0 has some issues attached to it? Can anybody shed light on this for me, i know they released an update via Cydia, but is it safe to jailbreak my GMS iPhone 4, 4.3.3

Thanks in advance

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Sat ble yes. The update was to address some issues with a couple op cydia apps. It is very safe to jailbreak and enjoy the features apple doesn't value or want to copy just yet

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Jailbreakme.com is "stable" now, but I would still choose Redsn0w first.

I have one of my iPhones jbed with JBME and the only issue I have is when I re-spring, there's the loading circle on my springboard. All I have to do to get rid of it is swipe to go to another page on my springboard but it's still annoying.

5. Doom878 macrumors member

6. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

I have tested it on several phones and it seems great!

7. the diego macrumors newbie

8. patp Guest

since the last update its been stable for me.

Most users have had to restore and do the JBME.com all over again if you were one of the early adopters. But since this latest update, no issues at all.

go forth young man and jailbreak away. Once you load your phone with some cool apps, you'll ask yourself "what was I waiting for" "why didn't I do this sooner?"

9. TC25 macrumors 68020

Where do you get the idea that 'most' users had to restore? 100% wrong.

The only people who had to start over were some of those who tried the beta version which 2 dishonorable people stole.

10. patp Guest

i have no idea what you are talking about.

My experience was i d/l thru the jbme.com website. experienced a lot of issues. restored. jailbroke again after the site was updated. no issues since then.

dishonorable people? wtf are you talking about and why single out my post?

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Figures. You said 'Most users have had to restore and do the JBME.com all over again'. This is false. Most users did not.

Nevermind. You clearly have no clue about why jbme got released when it did or the people who stole the beta version.

Because what you said is FALSE! MOST people DID NOT have to do a restore and do the JBME.com all over again.

Understand now?

12. patp Guest

You really need to get a life. You spend way too much time on this forum worrying about these things.

Again I can only relate my experience. I have no idea what you're going on about. Plenty of threads around with people stating they had original problems with the jbme when it was first released. May not be "most" but it certainly seemed like a lot based on posts here and at other forums. But if it's really important for you to argue over semantics, go right ahead.

You really cone across as some angry teenager. I am sorry I did not have the depth of knowledge you do on the iPhone hack community.

Again my apologies for stirring up your anger issues.

I'm just a guy with a phone. I don't spend all of my time here so please accept my apologies for bot being as aware as you.

This place is getting strange and posts like yours just reinforce the pointless attacks taking place here.

13. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Yeah I agree that it's weird...plus most users DID experience problems (the most implies people who did use jbme as the population being described). But thanks for making this thread; I want to get some of my friends who are clueless about the process to jb, and now I can just tell them to go to the website :)

14. patp Guest

Not sure what the other guy was going on about. he seems to be "deep" into this community. Good for him, my apologies if I unknowingly ruffled any feathers.

My point, and it was on topic was to share my experience w/ JBME.com and to let others know I had no issues after the recent update.

Anything else beyond that, I have no ideas about the behind the scenes shenanigans going on.

15. TC25 macrumors 68020

You and patp are like 2 peas in a pod.

Where are you getting the information that MOST people had problems? It's not like everyone who did not have a problem would post here and state that.

That's been my question from patp's first post yet he refuses to answer.

16. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well im not sure about most or least but i know apps like BiteSMS for instance had to be updated to work with jailbreakme also i seeing some sort of update to fix an issue with the ipad so i would not say jailbreakme was problem free from the start

17. patp Guest

I'm not gonna do your work for you. If you want to see the people who had to restore after the first JBME.com, you know where the search button is. You're the one getting all hot under the collar. You put out your own fire.

I got better things to do, like work and make money. Not argue with some teenager with anger issues. You came into this thread contributed to nothing. Only here to stir **** up. You are sad my friend.

I'll be glad to show you links when I'm home and have time to do it. Then will shut your stupid fat mouth?

18. patp Guest

below are 3 threads which show some had issues with the first JB and had to restore.
    Maybe I should not have used 'Most", maybe the word "some" would have been more accurate. Are you happy now? Why the need to keep the fight alive? What is your problem?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1187207&highlight=jailbreakme+com

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1186544&highlight=jailbreakme+com

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1182931&highlight=jailbreakme+com

19. patp Guest

you really need to get a life.

I feel for you. I really do.

20. TC25 macrumors 68020

Wow, too bad you didn't come to this realization sooner.

Because there are newbies on this forum and when people make a statement that's a blatant lie, like you did, the noobs don't know any better and they walk away thinking JBME should not be used because you posted MOST people had to restore when they tried to use it.

I'm not here to stir things up. You are accusing me of this because you got called on a lie.

/end of trading emails with you.

21. Tom8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to all those who shared their info. Greatly appreciated.
    Funny (probably not funny) story. I was in bed, it was a late and i was tired, on the www.jailbreakme.com website on my iPhone, just looking and reading the further info etc. And i hit the "Free" accidentally, i saw the animation, but wasn't sure what'd happened, so i clicked it again. Boom jailbroken.

FYI, i'm not really a noobie, i've been jailbreaking since 3.0, but had a pretty nasty experience with jailbreakme 2.0, so didn't want to get burned again.

Thanks again everyone!

22. patp Guest

You have way too much invested in this. So now your claiming I lied? to gain what? You are certifiably crazy, You're stuck on the choice of one word and base your argument on that. From where I am standing it is weak.

Emails? I never traded any emails with you. You latch onto one little mis wording and turn it around on me that I am lying? You are pathetic. Go away and stop trying to justify your immature behavior.

I can't imagine anybody being friends or in a relationship with someone like you who finds fault with the smallest details. I know people like you and it is toxic.

23. Disident, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

Disident macrumors newbie

upgrade

I've been using 4.0.1 jbme for some time now. If I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3, whats the process. I'd assume just update with iTunes, backup, and jbme 3.0. Is that right? Is it worth it? Am I missing much not upgrading to 4.3? Will all my cydia apps reappear after re jailbreaking, or would I have to download them again?

Ah, I see Im too late, oh well, wait and see I guess,

24. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you can use pkgback to backup and restore your cydia packages, but unless you have your blobs for 4.3.3 i think its too late because apple is not signing that firmware anymore

25. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Unfortunately, since you do not have blobs, you will not be able to restore/upgrade to 4.3.3. In addition to this, 4.3.4 does not yet have an untethered jailbreak. Sorry! :(