Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello,

Normal battery from 100 to 0 usually lasts 6-7 hours with normal day usage, but if it’s a busy morning it can last as little as 3 hours.

With low power mode on my iPhone last sooooo much longer. Like an actual full days worth. And I mean with regular usage such as web browsing and listening to music. Like a full realistic 24 hours and many times 36 hours.

I’m wondering if this is bad for the battery life long term since the feature is so great. My only qualm is that low power mode is turned off automatically when my iPhone reaches 80% charge, lol. ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

Normal battery from 100 to 0 usually lasts 6-7 hours with normal day usage, but if it’s a busy morning it can last as little as 3 hours.

With low power mode on my iPhone last sooooo much longer. Like an actual full days worth. And I mean with regular usage such as web browsing and listening to music. Like a full realistic 24 hours and many times 36 hours.

I’m wondering if this is bad for the battery life long term since the feature is so great. My only qualm is that low power mode is turned off automatically when my iPhone reaches 80% charge, lol. ;)
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/can-i-turn-on-lowmode-battery-alltime-x.2152123/

Reactions: akash.nu

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
Hello,

What is your battery capacity? Have you replaced it yet for $29?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
No didn’t replace the battery. I know I have till
The end of the year and my capacity says it’s at 85% for the 7+
I just had my backup 6S battery replaced a couple weeks ago which was showing 92% capacity. From start to finish it took a little over an hour. Seeing how there's a month left to benefit from the $29 price, I'm thinking the Genius Bar will be busy next month with last minute customers

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I just had my backup 6S battery replaced a couple weeks ago which was showing 92% capacity. From start to finish it took a little over an hour. Seeing how there's a month left to benefit from the $29 price, I'm thinking the Genius Bar will be busy next month with last minute customers

Did you set up an appointment or just walk in?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Did you set up an appointment or just walk in?
I set up an appointment.. It was really painless. They run a diagnostic on the phone, ask if you’ve backed the phone up then tell you the battery capacity. If it’s over 80%, they recommend not replacing it but just tell them you want it done regardless.. I actually did an iTunes encrypted backup and restored the phone to new before bringing it in. I figured if they damaged the phone and needed to give me a replacement I wouldn’t have any data left on the phone to worry about. I could just restore from the backup later.. I also took a bunch of photos of the phones condition incase they scratched it up..

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
I set up an appointment.. It was really painless. They run a diagnostic on the phone, ask if you’ve backed the phone up then tell you the battery capacity. If it’s over 80%, they recommend not replacing it but just tell them you want it done regardless.. I actually did an iTunes encrypted backup and restored the phone to new before bringing it in. I figured if they damaged the phone and needed to give me a replacement I wouldn’t have any data left on the phone to worry about. I could just restore from the backup later.. I also took a bunch of photos of the phones condition incase they scratched it up..

They broke the camera on my mint 6S+ w/89% capacity and they replaced it with a refurb w/90 day warranty. Good on them. I made an appointment and like everyone else,was told 1 hour. Silly me,I traded it in and bought a 10R-$29 wasted!

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
They broke the camera on my mint 6S+ w/89% capacity and they replaced it with a refurb w/90 day warranty. Good on them. I made an appointment and like everyone else,was told 1 hour. Silly me,I traded it in and bought a 10R-$29 wasted!
I am not in a country with Apple Stores, but this is what I'm afraid of, if I ever exchange it.
My iPhone 6s is on iOS 9. I don't use it much so it has 93% health, but I would rather have an iPhone 6s on iOS 9 with 93% and 8-9 hours of on-screen battery life, than an iPhone 6s on iOS 12 with 4-6 hours of battery life and 100% health.
[doublepost=1543696961][/doublepost]On the thread topic, there won't be no harm at all if you use Low Power Mode all the time. It only slows down the processor and disables some features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.