Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uva25

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
I am just curious why anyone is interested in visualizers? What are they used for? Do people sit in a room listening to music with a visualizer on their PC. I'm not trying to stir anything up but I honestly have never used them so maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
That seems nice! 9to5 ran that first and checked it up there! But will Apple include it.... I mean its not..... theirs and SJ doesnt really believe in sharing creativity!

Well, the initial post says that the creator sold it to a third party a couple months ago. And buying what he likes and integrating it into the rest of Apple's software is very much what SJ does.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
I used to use Magnetoshpere when he first came out with it. It was very good and but had a long ways to go. I haven't checked it out in probably a year, forgot all about it. If this is the new visualizer in addition to the new one they added in Leopard then I will be a happy camper.

Now if they only would add a visualizer to the AppleTV I may buy one.

jon

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
From what I understand, it was acquired a few months ago by a third party.

Well, the initial post says that the creator sold it to a third party a couple months ago. And buying what he likes and integrating it into the rest of Apple's software is very much what SJ does.

Thanks for the heads up!

If it leads to success for Apple, he does.

But I'm not sure what you're suggesting they'd be sharing. I'd assume that if they wanted this they'd buy the guy out. This is nothing new to Apple. See: FingerWorks.

Agreed!

Even iTunes came from someone else.

I keep learning new things! Thanks!

mail4asim

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Where is this????

You can find it here
http://rianjs.net/dump/Magnetosphere.bundle.zip

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
I suppose it would be foolish to think iTunes 8 would bring more features than just new visualizations...

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Even iTunes came from someone else.

You know, for all the third party stuff out there for apple to buy and incorporate into their software, why a visualizer? Isn't there anything else more useful? Why not incorporate Quicksilver into OS X or something like that?

While I'm sure that some people enjoy visualizers, I'm surprised that this receives so much attention. Even for those of you who really enjoy visualizers, would you think a new one would be important enough for a mention at a stevenote? It would seem from this hubbub that this is going to get stage time at next Tuesday's event.

Nov 6, 2007
Ok, took a couple of minutes to look at these. Very cool. A lot better than what is in MS Media Player. However, I do not use visualizers. Most of the time I am listening to itunes while doing something else; rather than watching itunes.

what I want is a way to export these visualizers so that I can use them in:

Final Cut express
Adobe Premier Elements

Those are my two movie making software I use. I could do some cool things with music and other videos.

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Am I missing something? Who cares about a new F****** visualizer Jobs, I WANT A NEW LAPTOP DAMNIT.

brywalker

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
I'm so glad they are doing this.

We need this FAR more than we need iTunes Server.

My family thanks you, Apple.:rolleyes:

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
this would be better if it could be a screen saver. who even uses visualizers in itunes? don't you just start music and then go about your business as it plays???

merrymoon

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2006
this would look sweet in an iPod+iTunes commercial - I can totally imagine colored silhouettes dancing in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.