Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eagle-Eye

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
I'm having nightmares with Outlook 2011. I have 11 shared calendars of colleagues which I need to access regularly. We use Office 365 and initially the upgrade to Mavericks was fine but now I can't rely on the desktop and have to use the web interface for email and calendars. When I look at the 'progress' window in Outlook, it simply lists everyone's calendar with each one saying 'Server busy. Waiting' and the candy striped progress bars, all stationary. I've rebuilt the database, deleted the Office 365 account and redownloaded, restarted, rebooted, etc.
Anyone else seeing this?

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I'm having nightmares with Outlook 2011. I have 11 shared calendars of colleagues which I need to access regularly. We use Office 365 and initially the upgrade to Mavericks was fine but now I can't rely on the desktop and have to use the web interface for email and calendars. When I look at the 'progress' window in Outlook, it simply lists everyone's calendar with each one saying 'Server busy. Waiting' and the candy striped progress bars, all stationary. I've rebuilt the database, deleted the Office 365 account and redownloaded, restarted, rebooted, etc.
Anyone else seeing this?

Create a new Identity and enter your O365 account and let all download from the server. If you have data stored under "On My Computer" folders, see How to move your data to a new Identity

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
All seems to be working Ok for me so far - Im probably a few updates missing as well.
When it comes to Microsoft stuff, Ive learnt not to bother updating anything unless you really need to. Usually their updates tend to break more then they fix!

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
It works for me. But I would really like to know when the next version of Office for Mac will be released. Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is miles behind Office 2013 for Windows...

Eagle-Eye

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Create a new Identity and enter your O365 account and let all download from the server. If you have data stored under "On My Computer" folders, see How to move your data to a new Identity

Done this Diane and it is still hanging... whole window of candy stripes checking everyones else's calendar each one saying 'Server Busy. Waiting...' Occasionally it will work but left to its own devices, it will always hang. I have to quit and restart ever time... very frustrating.

otetzone

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2019
I understand that 8 years have already passed but still.. I have MS Office 2011 v14.3.0 with Autoupdater v8.3.6. Obviously, I cannot download any updates to it and cannot update the Autoupdater since v3.xx are working only on Yosemite while I'm on Mavericks. Tried to check through Internet Archive, no luck. If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it. Just no offers to leave 10.9 please.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I understand that 8 years have already passed but still.. I have MS Office 2011 v14.3.0 with Autoupdater v8.3.6. Obviously, I cannot download any updates to it and cannot update the Autoupdater since v3.xx are working only on Yosemite while I'm on Mavericks. Tried to check through Internet Archive, no luck. If anyone has any idea, I would really appreciate it. Just no offers to leave 10.9 please.
I don't think the autoupdater works now with Office 2011, but you can download the updater by itself. Run that to update your Office 2011 to version 14.7.7 (the last version for that). I am pretty sure that it will update your 14.3.0 to 14.7.7 with no other download needed.
Here's where you can download that updater direct from Microsoft.

Just in case you DO decide to update your system, my Office 2011 continues to work fine on 10.14 Mojave.

Just curious, are you using an app that won't allow you to update beyond Mavericks? (I much prefer Yosemite over Mavx, for example.)

Last edited:
Reactions: otetzone

otetzone

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2019
Thank you, DeltaMac. It worked exactly as you said. Updater is dead however the product is updated.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Glad I could help you out.
I still occasionally install/reinstall 2011 on customer's Macs, and try to keep up with updaters and such.

otetzone

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2019
Just curious, are you using an app that won't allow you to update beyond Mavericks? (I much prefer Yosemite over Mavx, for example.)
It's a matter of taste I'd say. I have a MacBook with HS onboard for other tasks but the one with the MSOffice update is a good old mid-2012. I just want to let it live on 10.9. Just feels right )

Reactions: DeltaMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.