Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I use split view all the time (and slide over for the apps that haven't implemented split view yet grr...) but if we ever see floating windows on an iPad then Apple has really jumped the shark. What I hope they're focusing on is drag and drop between apps in split view mode as well as allowing two instances of the same app side by side.
I think your wants are reasonable, and probably coming down the road here pretty soon--probably in the next couple of major revisions.

My main wishes have come down to this: 1) Open up core audio support for developers. 2) I still need a couple of apps to add either Dropbox or iCloud support (or better yet, both!) so that I can get files from them easier. The first one is on Apple, the second one is on developers. If you don't have some kind of sharing support at this point, you're kind of clueles, IMO.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Instead of quoting the individual posts, I'll apply this to all those that want so much more from the iPad Pro: Go get a laptop.

It's understandable to want more, but most of these suggestions aren't going to happen out of simple logic (from Apple's point of view). They already offer devices that can do what some of you are asking for- why would they make those irrelevant? You simply can't have everything.

I wont suggest that this is an absolute truth but some are undoubtedly going to dismiss what I'm saying but you're just willfully disregarding rational thought.
[doublepost=1459866835][/doublepost]

Stand apart from what, another iPad? Have I missed something where Apple has made significant changes from one version to the next? Let's be honest here, the most radical jump that has happened with the line was from no iPad to the first iPad. Maybe you're referring more modest but important changes and if so I'd argue that this version was a more significant update than the Air to Air 2, and that doesn't even mention a least a couple more "updates" Apple has done to the line over the years.

I'm not saying this an a fanboy, just someone that paying attention to reality and not my own personal wish list.
Those people who want more were told by Apple's CEO that this is a laptop replacement....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.