Is Musclenerd the next to go??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rick snagwell, Oct 18, 2011.

1. rick snagwell, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I've been weeping over this for a few days now...

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

He commented at the time that he was visiting a friend (the easy assumption there is Comex). It's probably nothing to get too worked up over without a whole lot more evidence.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I agree - but I find it unlikely that Apple would just let a guy like him, who according to Apple's own verbiage a few years back was 'destroying the iPhones ability to make a profit', waltz on in without them being the ones that initiated some sort of invite.

All purely speculation on my part!

I'm not worked up, someone will pick up the reigns I think - I don't think the 'old' crew can do this much longer without there being some sort of eventual payout (ie, a job in the industry).

I hope they offer him a job if that's what he wants, that whole crew deserve to have a 'reward', if you will, for the service they've all provided us. Also glad to see that part of Apple still has some sense!

Cheers,
    B

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey dude, how you been?:)
    Its been a while.

6. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

From what I understand, comex, musclenerd and saurik are the most active of the dev team hackers....someone correct me if I'm wrong??! :confused:

With Comex "gone", MuscleNerd *possibly* next and the few remaining, I have a really bad feeling that jailbreaks are going to become more and more extinct and/or longer to achieve, which does have me a bit worried. I am very patient and can wait, however once iOS5 is jailbreak-able (untethered), I'm going to be holding onto my phone and my jailbreak for dear life until I get reassurance that there are more people on the "job".

Does anyone know any of the other hackers involved and how much involvement they play?

:eek:

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Been pretty damn busy - Tour season ended a while back so my wife and I have been in the States for about a month - trying to pay the bills!

How about you?

8. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Makes sense but I wish they would start hiring the app developers instead of the hackers... If ios was a little more customizable I wouldnt have a need to jb.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I'm guessing they would have to make a sweet deal of some sort with these guys to get them to stop. Everyone has their price. Maybe free Apple products for life + cash, maybe a cushy job at Apple? Who knows.

10. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

At the end of the day its a good thing for certain hackers to eventually get hired into decent paid jobs... My only concern is that there doesn't seem to be enough new talent taking their places in the jailbreak scene :(

It seems like we heavily rely on the usual suspects...

Would like someone to correct/reassure me..

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

yep Musclenerd tweeted about it and yep I would guess a visit to Comex. I think it will require more then a internship to get musclenerd. However Apple can certainly afford to throw wads of cash. it was over a month nothing has been said since, so until I hear more life goes on.

Arisian good to see you we miss your humor and input. In these here parts!

keep in mind to allot isn't known about musclenerd I do know he older and has work. No Idea what hemakes but it's not a fryer at burger king.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, doing good bro.
    Good to see ya around again.

13. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Yea I'm trying out IOS5 unjailbroken because as much as I love the tweaks to the OS, it's only getting harder and harder to keep a jailbreak.

Once they jailbreak 5.0 (assuming they do) as soon as 5.01 comes out, you better hope you don't ever need to do a restore if something gets screwed up because if there's no 5.01 jailbreak, you are out of luck.

I hope the dongle idea comes back around because otherwise Apple is just going to force them to show their hands on each .01 release to keep it so people can even restore their phones. I can live with a tethered boot with some kind of USB dongle in the car/luggage/pocket/keychain etc

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Oh boy... you serious? I really hope comex and muscle nerd still develop exploits ...

15. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Yea, they are introducing the same protection that makes sure you cannot apply a baseband once the signing window is closed, to the 5.x+ firmwares. So unless they defeat that (which they haven't been able to do for basebands) once Apple decides to close the window on 5.0 you wont be able to upgrade/downgrade/restore to it and your only option is to put on 5.01.

At least we have tethered!

On a side note, I wonder if there is anything saurik could do to mobilesubstrate to more gracefully allow an untethered boot where you just lose your jailbreak but can still make and receive calls.

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I think it's somewhat safe to say comex isn't currently in that game. Apple would be stupid to not make him sign a contract with all sorts of conflict of interest clauses... and we all know Apple isn't stoopid.

17. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Sensationalism. I'm guessing the Apple campus doesn't get too many jacked guys visiting, so the guy who was making the nametage took a chance and guessed right.

I can imagine someone like Musclenerd wanting to visit the Apple campus - I hear it's a pretty cool place.

18. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

thats what I'm banking on too....its been a while and nothing has happened. i bet he makes dough where he is now, and has said the jb comm is a hobby....lets hope those guys are hard at work. i wouldn't mind if they charged for their hard work.

19. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Just a quick question - does MuscleNerd do much of the actual coding, or is he more of a PR/frontman? I know he does some, but it's seemed less and less over the last 2+ years.

Am I wrong?

20. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ya i would agree with you in the year ive been around jailbreaking ive only seen his name in tweets about what other hackers are up too

21. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

22. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I'd personally not care if Santa Clause himself released the JB...

23. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell