Is my iPhone 3g bricked?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fried-gold, Apr 23, 2011.

1. fried-gold macrumors member

A couple of days ago my iPhone 3g (BB 6.15, 4.2.1, JBed with redsn0w) started playing up and was running very slowly, so I tried to downgrade to 4.1 to see if that would help, it didn't so i tried to get back up to 4.2.1, and now i'm completely stuck. I#ve tried restoring to 4.1 and a custom 4.1 from pwange, and the same with 4.2.1, and tried just with redsnow, or the combo of redsn0w and custom IPSWs. My phone seems to be always in DFU mode, whatever I do I either get error 21 or 1600. Occasionally the screen goes white. Just wondering if anybody got in this situation before and if theres any way out!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Have you tried to kick it out of recovery via Tiny Umbrella?

3. fried-gold, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

fried-gold thread starter macrumors member

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to be in recovery mode, its stuck in some DFU mode limbo... I#ve tried redsnow 4.1 just to try something but always ends up at a white sceen. Are there any ways around the 21/1600 errors. I#ve tried in other itunes, differnt computers with, the block apple script / etc hosts. But cant really get anything to work.

4. fried-gold thread starter macrumors member

Turned out ribbon three had come a bit lose from a screen replacement I did a while ago, so error 21 kept popping up. Just in case any one gets stuck in the error 21/1600 loop, it could be a hardware issue.