is my mbp healthy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbp owner, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mbp owner macrumors newbie

Hi i have purchased a 15 inch Macbook Pro at the beggining of the summer of 2010. When fully charged the health is at 95%. It has been threw 58 cycles. is it healthy?

2. darknite38, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

darknite38 macrumors regular

Yes.

I also see that you have been asking very general questions such as "How often should I turn off my MBP"

Instead of doing this, try using MRoogle.*************, the macrumors search engine before posting.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Consider anything above 79% healthy if you haven't performed 1000 cycles on it yet. Also, remember to calibrate it for proper readings.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's fine. Have you calibrated it properly, to make sure your readings are accurate?

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

5. mbp owner thread starter macrumors newbie

I havent calibrated my battery and the notebook guideline says that you have to calibrate it within the first week. Is it okay if i calibrate it after about 5 months of use?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can calibrate at any time. Read the Battery FAQ I posted for details.

7. mbp owner thread starter macrumors newbie

so i keep it into the fully charged state for two hours long than i unplug the charger and let it go to low battery?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The exact steps are in the Battery FAQ I posted. Look at the "CALIBRATION" section.