Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I just bought a 2pc 4 GB kit from crucial.com for my new Alu Macbook. I installed and everything seems dandy except for one thing, my Macbook now crashes every time it comes back from sleep (everytime I open the lid). I've had about 6 Kernel panics.

I ran the Apple Hardware Test from the OS X CD but it says everything is fine. Also, nothing is acting up at all when using the system once it is back up. Could bad RAM have caused this or is there something else that I'm missing ?

Thanks for any insight!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just bought a 2pc 4 GB kit from crucial.com for my new Alu Macbook. I installed and everything seems dandy except for one thing, my Macbook now crashes every time it comes back from sleep (everytime I open the lid). I've had about 6 Kernel panics.

I ran the Apple Hardware Test from the OS X CD but it says everything is fine. Also, nothing is acting up at all when using the system once it is back up. Could bad RAM have caused this or is there something else that I'm missing ?

Thanks for any insight!

Don't think so. Try this. Reboot your machine 2 times. Then send it to sleep. After a while open it up and see if your MB still crashes.

Same thing was happening to me. Rebooted and everything is fine.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I did do a clean reboot to perform the Apple Hardware test. Could this be related to other people's woes with 4 GB non Apple RAM (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/632818/) ?

Dashboard client just crashed again on coming back from sleep a few minutes ago, I guess I'll just RMA this RAM kit and reinstall Apple's memory and see if the next batch of RAM works better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.