Is Netflix still worth it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yr Blues, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Has Netflix gotten better at providing new content? Is their selection better than Hulu, which is aweful?

I don't own a TV and plan on buying the new iPad.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Netflix and Hulu carry different content and are both worth it for the price.

3. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Lately Netflix has been lacking IMO. I am ready to cancel my sub

4. doboy macrumors 68000

5. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

:confused:

6. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

It is only 8 bucks a month it worth what you pay. I don't know what people want for that amount of money.

7. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I think netflix movie selection sucks now they just recently lost starz programming which was quite a few movies.

They do have some decent tv shows still and that alone is worth it to me.

The difference from hulu and netflix is netflix is not up to date with tv shows while hulu focuses on current season shows, hulu has limited ads, netflix does not.

If youre looking for a good movie streaming service there really isnt one anymore. If you are looking for non-current seasons of tv shows netflix is still decent for it's price.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I have toyed with canceling my one disk/streaming service that I pay for, but it's still the best way for me to get mini-series and movies. With 5 people in my house watching, it's far cheaper than renting movies from Apple.

9. iHuman1337 macrumors newbie

Does Netflix have 1080p streaming for the iPad yet? If so it's definitely worth it. If not...well I dunno.

10. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

If I get it, I can watch old episodes of Enterprise and Twin Peaks, but I'd like to watch some recents, like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I did a search for Scarface or Fast Five on netflicks and there weren't listed. :confused:

12. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I agree. Just about everything that I want to watch is DVD only. I dropped the DVD option when they raised the price.

13. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Because 720p is so bad right?

14. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

I don't really care for physical media anymore. I watched Avatar in the theatre and once was plenty rad. The same with The Dark Knight. I guess I get bored with watching something I've already seen before.

Plus, Avatar was only cool with cinematic 3D. I wouldn't watch Prometheus on iPad, either … since Ridley incorporated 3D into his vision.

----------

But the iPad is capable of so much more beauty. :p

15. UrsaMajor macrumors regular

Netflix is still worth it. They lost a lot of content like Disney with starz going.

Hulu isn't worth the $. There's a lot of commericals and it won't work on iPad. On android you need to change flash files so it works like a desktop. Desktop computers are always free, except for preimum content.

16. big samm macrumors 65816

To tell you the truth I'm glad that starz is gone... They had the worst picture quality and sound ever!!

17. Tones2 macrumors 65816

If you want previous season TV shows netflix is OK, but for anything else it sucks. It's not worth $8 a month IMO, there is really no content to support the price.

Tony

18. >||LionBeats||< macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's freaking cheap! For you to lots of steaming and able to get 2 movies at your house every time for 8 dollars a month. Why are you guys mad at them?!

If I wanted 2 DVDs everyday at Blockbuster it would cost 60 dollars.

If its Netflix its 8 dollars.

19. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

Price aside, the selection is what matters the most, and there's no DVD drive on the iPad.

20. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Hulu is alright IMO. I like that it has a lot of current TV shows but current movies are pretty lacking. Also, Hulu works on my iPad.

21. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

Netflix still has Breaking Bad so that is worth the price alone :)

22. Papillo macrumors member

Ha 8 bucks a month is not gonna cut it. HBO is the only reason i still have cable. The season finale of The Walking Dead was just sick.. cant wait for the fall!!

23. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

I never said 8 bucks was my limit. I'm trying to find a good source of streaming content for iPad.

24. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

You should just get rid of cable man. Get HBO go.

Cable comes free with my apartment, so I have it hooked up - but honestly the only show I watch is the daily show.
    I have Netflix too, but I've seen everything that interests me, so I'm probably gonna drop it soon.
    I plan on just pirating everything honestly.

25. Papillo macrumors member

how can you get HBO go without cable? if that is possible, i will cancel Comcast first thing tomorrow morning.