Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Onatop

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Fowarding messages in office 2008 for Mac

Hello.

When I forward a message in office 2008 for mac, it looses its original formar (i.e; tables, gaphics). In the forwarded message instead of the graphics and/or tables, what shows are links that don't work anyways.

Does anyone know how to work around this.?

Thanks in advance

Onatop

Dojan5

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
Office 2008 as in Microsoft Office 2008?
I sure hope so, I wouldn't sell any software if it was unstable. But then again, Microsoft developed it. I use Office 2008 very rarely, and I stick to iWork '09, but the times I've used it, it's been slow, and bulky, but it's never crashed. And the fact that it never crashed just shows how much I've used it. Microsoft software always crash on me when I use it for some time...

John Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
Columbia, MD
Office 2008 works fine for me, and I haven't experienced any crashes yet. I do work with fairly complex documents.

On the flip side, it is a bit slow, and it has an irritating habit of opening with a blank document, and this "feature" can't be turned off.

Lounge Deluxe

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
Amsterdam
I've had numerous crashes of Word 2008 when working on documents with lots of revisions in track changes mode. As a matter of fact it is unworkable to me and I have switched to Word 2007 using VMware Fusion (Unity mode) which is more reliable (yet not 100%).

YMMV of course.

duncanapple

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
Just to echo - office 08 works well (now) though it is suuuuper slow to start up, even more so than the non-intel native 2004 version :confused:

I wouldnt have upgraded at all other than they changed the format to the docx, xlsx, etc. 2004 had a plug in converter but the translation wasnt 100%. I will NOT be buying 2010 or 2012 or whatever lol....

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
and it has an irritating habit of opening with a blank document, and this "feature" can't be turned off.
Why would anyone want start an application and NOT be ready to use it? :D

If you want to open an existing document right away just run that particular document.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.