Is Siri working for you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lukkee24, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502

Over the weekend, Siri has only just worked for me once, despite trying multiple times through today and yesterday. I'm in the UK. Is it just me :p?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

3. Lukkee24 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Don't worry because after a few weeks you will just not use it anyway !

Ooo I'm so cynical !!

5. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I used Siri day 1 and have not since. I don't get why people freak out when it doesn't work? Its only icing on the cake. I would be totally fine with Apple getting rid of Siri in the next iPhone.

6. Antidoll macrumors regular

lol you do realize that the ONLY REASON people are buying an iPhone 4S instead of an iPhone 4 is because of that feature which you consider the "icing on the cake"

& Apple will not get rid of Siri :) it is the future :)

7. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Yeah thats my point. $200 bucks for Siri. If I would have had the iP4 I would have never bought the 4s but the 4s is my first iPhone. Anyway, I have no use for it and find it funny when it doesn't work and people refer to IT as "her" or "she" lol. Now back on topic...

8. Antidoll macrumors regular

I guess you're not using it correctly.. or you don't drive... it is VERY useful if you want to read text messages/send texts while driving and MUCH safer than typing them yourself.

Also using Siri with a bluetooth system works amazing to call people, etc.

I am in Canada so the features are kind of limited at the moment but it would be amazing to ask her directions to a place instead of having to typing them in or ask her to show a list of near restaus etc...

9. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

can siri make facetime call with contract name ?

10. JamesM macrumors regular

I have an hour commute each way so I use Siri a lot, fantastic feature and can only get better.

11. bandofbrothers, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I concur it has it's usefulness in areas but not enough to warrant moving from my iPhone 4. My personell use means I use the camera infrequently and after using an iPhone 4s I don't find it that much snappier on the net etc. also I'm not a gamer do the new chip is not a big draw.

Will I ever upgrade to an iPhone 4s ? Well I'm not saying I won't but as I don't get locked into a contract I can't justify the £500 uk price tag for what I'm getting with the 4s.

12. asmiller macrumors newbie

Is Siri Working for you?

I currently have Siri shut off. I've been having problems with audio on outgoing calls - can't hear the phone and the other end picks up, unable to hear me unless I punch the speaker button a couple of times. I suspect Siri to be the culprit, though it's not confirmed.

I still think the iPhone 4s is a serious upgrade from the iPhone 4. It is capable of double the data download speeds (AT&T only), the dual-core A5 processor is noticeably faster than the single core A4 and the 8 megapixel camera is actually usable, given the photographer's conventional wisdom that the best camera is the one you have with you.

Siri is part the future of device interface for both the iPhone and likely other Apple machines. They will sort out any problems we are currently experiencing and I look forward to turning it on again.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That is absolutely not the only reason. I bought a 4S last week. It's my first iPhone and it makes sense to buy the newest model because it'll likely be supported for longer. I've only used Siri 3 or 4 times so far.

14. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Do you get a few funny looks from fellow commuters when conversing with Siri ?

15. Antidoll macrumors regular

pretty sure the iPhone 4 will still be supported..

16. dotme macrumors 6502a

lol yeah, right. Everything is a gimmick. Texting? Gimmick. Maps? Gimmick.

Siri is one of the most valuable features on the iPhone 4S... For me.

Not for everyone, though. Some people find FaceTime really great and use it all the time. I don't ever use FaceTime, but I don't call it a gimmick. It has great value to a subset of iPhone users. So does Siri. ;)

17. JamesM macrumors regular

I drive to work

You'd look like a nutter using Siri on the train lol

Outside of the car the only time I use it is when I'm walking the dog.

18. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Im in the UK too

Hasn't been working since yesterday for me.

Tried a few times throughout today and nothing....

19. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I upgraded from an iPhone 4. Not a huge upgrade but I use my camera a lot (over 400 photo's on my 4) so the bumped specs there are big for me.. siri is cool and I enjoy the added snappiness.

20. dotme macrumors 6502a

I think so. Try "FaceTime {name}"

21. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hit the nail on the head !

Each to their own tastes , wants and needs.

It would be a boring world if everyone wanted and liked the same things.

----------

Lol..... Ok

Next time your walking the dig and you use Siri glance down at the dog to see if it looks worried ! Lol.

----------

Lol..... Ok

Next time your walking the dog and you use Siri glance down at the dog to see if it looks worried ! Lol.

22. Lukkee24 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not freaking out :confused:. I'm just asking if it is/was down for anyone else :p.

----------

He means that from now, the 4S will be supported for longer than the 4.

23. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use it when I'm walking to the el here in Chicago. It will be even more useful when the temperature really drops.

24. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Working fine for me in the US.

25. BFG86 macrumors 6502

Nope just tried it. She said shes not taking requests and to try again later

Guess I'll have to manually type in the Wikipedia article I want to view