Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
this, to the OP just search the web for people's cydia tweaks and BiteSMS will show up all the time in peoples top 5 heck even top 1 for many, people dont leave something thats that well like just becasue something else comes along

People left apple when android came on the scene

So it has been done lol

Like i said maybe im OCD but i really wanna use the official SMS app

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
We will see when it comes out

Applejuice you try yourtube 3 ?

Seems to work, but i got the crack version , i aint giving him one penny

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
We will see when it comes out

Applejuice you try yourtube 3 ?

Seems to work, but i got the crack version , i aint giving him one penny

I heard that if you paid for yourtube2 it will allow you to install version 3 for free but havent tried it yet.
Im affraid that it will be buggy but might give it a shot.
How you like it so far? I heard it still doesnt do what its supposed to like let you transfer the video to the ipod app right?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I know where you are coming from, if I can make the stock app work as well as a third party app, I would go for the stock app. I saw a preview of SMSPlus yesterday, and I am very interested to see sow good it is. Since the QuickReply is just about the only feature of BiteSMS I use, I may switch over. Especially since BiteSMS is constantly crashing my phone unless I turn on the pocket protection mode and nobody from the BiteSMS dev has ever gotten back with me about any sort of trouble shooing or fix for it.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I know where you are coming from, if I can make the stock app work as well as a third party app, I would go for the stock app. I saw a preview of SMSPlus yesterday, and I am very interested to see sow good it is. Since the QuickReply is just about the only feature of BiteSMS I use, I may switch over. Especially since BiteSMS is constantly crashing my phone unless I turn on the pocket protection mode and nobody from the BiteSMS dev has ever gotten back with me about any sort of trouble shooing or fix for it.

If you emailed them without putting NOT FAQ in the subject line, you won't receive a response:

From the bottom of their FAQ:

FAQ does not help me

Please email us again.
You must put the subject as "NOT FAQ" otherwise you'll just get the auto-reply message again!

I carry my phone in my pocket all the time and have never had bite crash on me that way, and I've never heard of that particular issue. Still, install Crash Reporter, see what it says, and then email the crash logs to bite.

Last edited:

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
No smiley faces means i can't use it. I need that stuff when typing to the females since they love it so much.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
No smiley faces means i can't use it. I need that stuff when typing to the females since they love it so much.
7acfbf.gif

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
People left apple when android came on the scene

So it has been done lol

Like i said maybe im OCD but i really wanna use the official SMS app

haha I can totally relate, I tricked my brain by putting the default messages icon on my RealSMS app. now it just looks like a better messages app. lol

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I heard that if you paid for yourtube2 it will allow you to install version 3 for free but havent tried it yet.
Im affraid that it will be buggy but might give it a shot.
How you like it so far? I heard it still doesnt do what its supposed to like let you transfer the video to the ipod app right?

it's fails wait till coconuts comes out with yourtube 34 I installed it and uninstalled it already. it's not much better then yourtube 2. bitesms is proving, SMSplus still needs to prove it's self. right now it's just a cap pistol not a killer.

Last edited:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
Way too little too late. What is the point of developing an entire tweak that just copies something that has been out for years......

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
If you emailed them without putting NOT FAQ in the subject line, you won't receive a response:

From the bottom of their FAQ:

I carry my phone in my pocket all the time and have never had bite crash on me that way, and I've never heard of that particular issue. Still, install Crash Reporter, see what it says, and then email the crash logs to bite.

Yeah, I've tried. But maybe the emails are going to SPAM folder or something. What happens is if I get a text while the phone is off, the message shows up on the lockscreen, while it is up on the lockscreen if I swipe on the statusbar at all, then my phone crashes. I can duplicate it every time. But in Pocket Protect mode or whatever it works fine.

sahajesh

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2004
Sheffield
Yeah, I've tried. But maybe the emails are going to SPAM folder or something. What happens is if I get a text while the phone is off, the message shows up on the lockscreen, while it is up on the lockscreen if I swipe on the statusbar at all, then my phone crashes. I can duplicate it every time. But in Pocket Protect mode or whatever it works fine.

Had the same issue with BiteSMS myself, no help at all from developer or forum so just went back to stock SMS. Waste of time trying BiteSMS.

Trey1984

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
If it was free then I might use it..other than that bitesms>>>>
I'm not paying for another messaging app if bite works just fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.