Is the actual wait time really three weeks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iObama, Aug 9, 2010.

1. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

I'm looking to order an iPhone 4 online, and the Apple Store still says the estimated wait time is 3 weeks. To anyone who's ordered one recently: is this accurate?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seriously consider calling your local Apple stores to check stock.

A few days ago I happened to call my local store; they had the 32GB models in stock so I promptly cancelled my AT&T online order and bought it in-store as a walk-in.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Call around to your local Apple store. I found two stores within 30 minutes of me that had phones everyday last week.

4. FunkyGuitarGirl macrumors member

wait time at AT&T seems far shorter. If you cannot find a walk-in, consider ordering thru them.

5. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I ordered mine less than 2 weeks ago through AT&T and it took 8 days from when I ordered to when it was delivered.

6. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I ordered two 32GB iPhone 4s from a corporate AT&T store on Friday morning and they were shipped out this morning.

7. MelSori macrumors newbie

I ordered a 16gb iPhone 4 for my brother on July 23rd, it shipped out Saturday and should be here on the 12th. It was originally said to ship on the 13th and deliver on the 18th.

I ordered a 32gb for myself and had a problem where MasterCard blocked the charge so once everything clears up I'll post it's progress.

Edit: the 16gb came on the 10th of August. The 32gb from AT&T is supposed to come on the 10th as well but not according to the tracking information.The tracking info on says Fedex received shipping info.

8. Ahuynh616 macrumors newbie

Placed an order at an AT&T store on 8/3 and it will be delivered 8/10, so the est. from the store was about right, 7-14 days.

9. wtmcghee macrumors member

Placed an order July 26 from Apple.com and it says it won't ship until August 16. From what the other people have said before me it sounds like Apple.com is the last place you want to order, it looks like the wait will be at least 3 weeks if not more.

10. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Actually, Japan is the last place you want to order ;)

The wait time here is about one month. :eek:

11. idrewuk macrumors member

idrewuk

I placed my order on the UK Apple store last week. The estimated delivery date is August 25th!! So annoying but I called around several stores including visiting the new Covent Garden branch ...all sold out. Every time.

Is it possible that the dispatch date might suddenly change? I'd rather get my iPhone sooner rather than later, obviously!!

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got my 32GB iP4 in 6 days from AT&T.

13. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Go to AT&T I ordered mine on Wednesday then the following Friday I picked it up, so it was only 8 days because I could not get to the store until the next day, not bad considering I have called all Apple stores near me and they are all out, they tell me to order online :rolleyes:

14. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I think that your best bet is to get on the waiting list at your local Apple store. Most people seem to get a phone in just a few days that way.

15. oldebekn macrumors newbie

Ordered on Apple.com on 7/23, delivered yesterday, so it shipped in 2 weeks not 3. Guy here at work walked into the Apple store 2 Saturday's ago and walked out with 2 phones for him and his wife, so I was kind of mad.
    Definately try the Apple retail stores.

16. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

LMAO! False! Ive been on a waiting list since Saturday after the launch. Have yet to receive a call about a phone or a phone in that matter.

Call every day or every other day. They havnt had stock since launch.

You must live in a special place.

17. WilliamG macrumors 604

Or perhaps YOU live in a special place. I ordered on Apple.com last week, decided to call my Bellevue, WA store this past Friday. They got some in just before I called so I scooted down there and picked one up.

Truly, just call every day. You'll get one sooner than 3 weeks, for sure.

18. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Are you guys calling the stores before or after their doors officially open for business? I'm only 10 minutes away from an apple store and want to try and call before they open their doors so I can go down there and be there when they open. My shipping date on my apple.com order isn't until the 30th.

19. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

A store about 30 minutes away from me has 32GB in stock. Yesterday they had both capacities. I called both times just after opening.

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

If you're in the states, don't forget Radio Shack and Best Buy.

I decided to buy one on 7/29. Called BB near me on morning of 7/30. Had new ip4 by lunchtime.

Easy peasy.

Call around. :)

21. billycuth macrumors 6502a

what type of store? BB, ATT, Apple? What?

22. colder macrumors member

I have an order with the Apple Store that was estimated at 3 weeks. It says it will ship August 23, reach me on August 26.

Has anyone seen the actual wait time from the Apple Store turn out to be less than what it says on the order status page?

23. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Apple. Another Apple store near me got 32GBs in at 11AM. I called them 15 minutes ago.

24. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The BB nearest me just got in a bunch of 16g. I know because they called to offer me one to replace mine (it has some sorta freaky power cycle thing it's done a few times, so I'm hauling it back).

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

p.s. Thursday and Friday mornings are good bets. Weekend shipments come in.

Of course, early week is good for the weekly shipment to replenish after the weekend ones sell out. :)