Is the iPad 2 still short on stock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by finalx233, Jun 25, 2011.

1. finalx233 macrumors newbie

I wasn't interested in buying a tablet until now. I'm interested in the iPad 2 but it seems like even after 3 months of release, it is still hard to get one. My local Futureshop / Bestbuy are out of stock and Apple's website says 1-2 week delivery. Is it that popular?

2. Webb macrumors regular

Webb

2 weeks go by fast and free shipping,Order yours today.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Try Target and Walmart they usually have a few in stock as most don't think to check here.

4. finalx233 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

Yes, it is that popular.
    Quite clear that Apple can not make them fast enough to keep up with the demand. It has been 3 months since the release and just this week been possible to get ahold of one in any of the local stores around here.

Hopefully the pressure loosen up a bit from now on. :)

6. anthdci macrumors 6502

yup, still hard to go to a shop and buy one, I was in vegas recently and had to go and queue when they had them delivered, I was told they would be sold out by lunch time.

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Short n Stock? Half yes, have no. You stand it up next to those tall skinny Android tablets and it will be the short one. Yet there is nothing stocky about the iPad. The only big tablet lighter is the Samsing Galaxy 10.1, and they cheated using plastic for the back. :D

8. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Still sold out in San Francisco. Must line up everyday early in the morning in order to have a shot of nabbing one.

9. mitschka macrumors newbie

mitschka

i travel since June 10 from New Orleans to Miami. there allways Ipads2 on Stock, have a look also in bestbuy Stores

10. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Just because it says 1-2 week wait in the online store, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to wait that long because when I ordered mine online I received it 4 days later.

11. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

Contrary to Apple's earlier public pronouncements, the earthquake in Japan back in March and the recent fire at Foxconn's Chengdu factory has put a crimp on supplies of the iPad 2 due to continuing parts shortage issues. I wouldn't be surprised that Apple will never catch up with demand until the iPad 2 is replaced with the iPad 3 in circa March 2012.

12. selfdisplaced macrumors member

i had a hard time finding them. i found Best Buy typically had the 3G versions and sold out of the WiFi versions. i found Wal Mart/Target typically had the WIFI versions and sold out of the 3G versions.

13. aneftp macrumors 601

It took 13 days to order amd receive the exact model (white 64gb iPad wifi only) for my sister.

Ordered it on a Friday morning and my sister received it on a Thursday 13 days later.

As other poster said, 2 weeks goes by very quickly. You lived without an iPad for this long, waiting two weeks shouldn't make a difference especially for you to get the exact model and color you want.

That's unless u have some type of walmart, target, best buy gift card you want to use.

14. canadianchris macrumors newbie

Look for a smaller Apple affiliated resseller (use this link: http://www.apple.com/ca/buy/locator/), they seem to always have a few in stock simply because the average person has never heard of them. Or just order online like I did. :D

15. MTI macrumors 65816

Strolled past a rack full of iPad 2 at Best Buy in Scottsdale yesterday. Nearly all configs in Black and White.

16. Macalicious2011 macrumors regular

That's what I'll be doing next week when buying my iPad 2 on Wednesday where in London. I'm too impatient to order online and wait close to 14 days. In a 500 meter radius around my work there are 2 apple store and 20 additional stores which could be having the iPad 2 in stock. Hopefully it won't be a mission to find a lonely black 16GB Wifi unit waiting for a happy home.

17. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

18. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

That's what I thought! Good luck even finding one! I trudged around the west end and couldn't find any. Even tried Westfield. None.

19. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Around here low end models are hard to find. Black is rare as well. Walmart and Target seem to keep 32gb and above in stock.

20. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Off topic (sorry) but where can you buy a new iPad 1st generation??

21. jcvaughters macrumors newbie

Try AT&T

I purchased a new 64GB AT&T 1st generation model from AT&T's website for $529. It looks like they still have them in stock. You do have to sign up for a data plan at the time of purchase, but i dont see anyhting about early cancellation.

22. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

23. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

First gen iPad refurbs are available for a great price in the apple online store...
    16GB Wifi for $349...:)

24. jailbreakFiend macrumors member

Trust me, if you can wait for shipping time or find it at any Apple Store around you (at least here in southern California, apple stores have plenty in stock), go for the iPad 2 instead. It has dual core chip that will hold much longer on the market and through iOS upgrades than the iPad 1 IMO.

Regardless, good luck and enjoy!

25. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

OK...got one today. Yip Yar. For anyone in London looking for one. I know Westfield Apple Store in London have loads of Black 32GB 3G's.