Is the Iphone 5 series design the G.O.A.T design ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cymolia, Feb 6, 2015.

1. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Goat ( greatest of all time )

What a beautiful device, amazing hardware, amazing colors, amazing ios 5 to launch the device with

[​IMG]

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not for me. The 6 was what I wanted the 5/5S to be. I prefer the larger.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

So do I, hic.#

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Are we talking about just the ohysicsl look of the device? The 4 and 4S take the cake for me. Something about a glass back that I really loved. I also felt it was more usable (less slippery) case free (though I am not case free too often).

The 6 (and especially the 6 plus) win my vote if sxreen size comes into play. But the screen size is really the only way I find my plus strictly better than previous devices.

5. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Can we truly answer that question as long as the iPhone currently exist? Maybe we can say " Up until this point". Who knows what future generations will bring. I will say that I think the 6 is best phone to date given the screen size.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I didn't actually like the look of the 5 or 5s. The iPhone 3G and 3GS looked pretty nice though.

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The iPhone 5 running iOS6 was the smoothest and fastest iPhone to date, but I always thought it looked a bit goofy. It's just too tall and slim. The 4/4S is the nicest looking and has the best build quality for me.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The biggest factor motivating me to get the Black/Slate iPhone 5 was that it looked like the monolith from 2001 the movie.

That's classy in my not so humble opinion.

10. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

for me it's the 4. could be a little thinner tough :D

11. nordique macrumors 6502a

I love the black and slate iPhone 5

think its beautiful, best iphone colour to design combo. The only problem is the phone colours wears away quickly

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have yet to have a problem with that and I am on my third iPhone 5.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

14. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

No iOS device will ever look as nice until iOS itself looks as nice as 6.0 looks.

15. JuliusCaesar macrumors regular

I used to have a iPhone 5 Black and my wife a 4S White. We always debated which one was better. For us the 4S was more pretty overall, but the 5 was more classy more "serious". I liked mine so much. It was Batman's smartphone:). Now, I didn't really like the 6 when it came out, but after 3 months with it, i've come to like it a lot. feels great in the hand, although slippery as hell. But the screen it's a beauty, seems like everything is painted on top of it. To resume, to this point the best one overall for me : iPhone 5 ;)

16. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Love my iPhone 5 in white/silver! I always have to get cases that don't hide the back too much. I have the Incipio NGP right now. My boyfriend has had two black/slate iPhone 5, and both the original and the replacement have been scuff-free. He's been using an otter box though since he dropped his first one down a set of concrete stairs and the screen shattered. At least the aluminum back doesn't shatter! That's the issue I have with the 4/4S. As for the 6, my only issue is the size, especially for the 6+. It looks good other than the antenna bands. The space gray looks especially good.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

18. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

iOS 6, the iphone 5 was released with ios 6.

19. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I've got the Black/Slate iPhone 5 and I agree it looks pretty badass. I know there's issues with the color wearing off, but I keep mine in a case so it's still got that Monolith look!

20. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

21. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

For me it was the 4S. That phone feels so good in the hand. We still use ours as an iPod.

22. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

Black & Slate iPhone 5 (still my current mobile) is my favorite. From the moment it was unveiled, it oozed premium and sophistication. Coupled w/ the much needed screen size increase to 4" and great specs (for that time), it was dynamite.

23. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

We're talking about design. I prefer the 5s design, it's the absolute best. The 6 design is kinda plain. The 5s really has some personality to it.

24. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    i own all the iphones from the original to the 6 plus
    the only ones that i dont have is the 5c and the normal 6
    for me the greatest, design wise, not the specs or the performance or the size etc.
    just the aesthetic look of it
    is the 4 an the 4s
    the best looking phones i've ever seen

25. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

No one who has spent hundreds of dollars on a newer phone is going to agree with you. It will just bring their purchase decision smarts to question and no one likes to admit anything but that they made the best decision ever.

No one with an older phone is going to agree with you. They probably face enough barbs from people about their older devices and have mostly built a strong belief system around the qualities of their phone that has not tempted them to purchase something newer. They are not going to agree with you and shake their self confidence.

I guess the only ones who will probably agree with you are iPhone 5 owners.