Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Remember a time (before last week) where Apple fans always made fun of people using large 5" to 5.5" phones, saying how 4" was the perfect size and how they would never upgrade and look stupid?

They have since been silenced and are happily jumping on the bandwagon.

So...is the iPhone 6 Plus a phablet or not? Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3/4 a phablet or not?

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
It is a phablet and i WILL love it

e6agw1.gif

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Remember a time (before last week) where Apple fans always made fun of people using large 5" to 5.5" phones, saying how 4" was the perfect size and how they would never upgrade and look stupid?

They have since been silenced and are happily jumping on the bandwagon.

So...is the iPhone 6 Plus a phablet or not? Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3/4 a phablet or not?

At 5.5"? yes, it's a phablet.

ijoelpod

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
No, and stop with another useless thread! This place has turned into a high school pissing contest.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
It's a damn phone. If it was, they would have called it the iPhablet 6 plus. It's just a 5.5 inch screen phone. That's all

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
A 5.5" screen isn't a phablet, but with Apple's gigantic top & bottom bezels the 6+ sure is a gigantic phone.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
How many Apple fans did this? Did you take a poll?

I've complained for a while that the iPhone screen was too small. I almost abandoned iOS because of it. I bought the iPhone 5 when they threw the scraps of a small screen size increase in my direction, but I wasn't thrilled about it. 5.5"? Hell, I'd happily buy a model with a 6" screen.

Interesting take: I was talking to my wife about the new models and my initial thought was that I might give my iPhone 5 to my daughter and my wife might plug along a little longer with the 4S. Or, I might get a 6 or 6+ for my daughter, too, and my wife would take the 5. I figured she would think these bigger screens were too big, but she informed me that she was already tempted by some of the Android devices with bigger screens. She's not a high-tech user, either. She's doing the basics. But she apparently wants a significantly bigger screen.

As for the term "phablet"...I don't like the term just because it sounds silly. But from a technical perspective, I think you could certainly say that the 6+ is in the same category as devices that have been labeled as "phablets".

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
No. It doesnt have a 4x3 screen or a pen. Its a big phone. I want a real phablet from Apple, not a big iPhone.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.