Is the iPhone 7 better than your expectations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 7, 2016.

?

?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I really like it...The biggest complaint is the 4.7 being 750p but at least it has a much brighter display with better gamut.
    The biggest update since the iPhone 4.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I was expecting that about the only "feature" would be it being thinner, so I guess the fact that they actually added some useful stuff made it be better than my expectations. But unfortunately the lack of very basic features like a headphone jack make it so I can't justify buying one.

3. megagene macrumors member

megagene

I would say it was exactly on par with what I was expecting. An okay phone, but nothing overly impressive, and nothing about it compelling enough to make me upgrade from my 6s.

4. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

No. Literally everything about the iPhone 7 was already leaked prior.

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

I really was only looking to hear that the iPhone 7 camera has OIS ... the purchase is a go.

6. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I'm disappointed - the new black colours are both vile, I much prefer space grey. Not impressed with the iPhone 7 at all, glad to be sticking with my 6S for another year. :p

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

For me it's very close to the rumours I had seen prior to launch, therefore rather disappointing, but in a positive way.

8. mtcowdog macrumors regular

I voted better because the underlying technology is amazing. Apple is a technology leader, and I give them huge cred. The overall product of the iPhone 7, however, is interesting but harder to rationalize as a prospective buyer. It does less with way, way more. Maybe a night's sleep and some processing will change my initial reaction. So far, it is a maybe for me.

Apple Watch series 2, on the other hand, is a big winner in my book. That's a device I want and will buy for myself and the mrs.

AirPod is meh to me. Like the iP7, it has great tech, but the product is less so. I don't like hard plastic in my ears, and the visual of white stems sticking out of my ears is not appealing. All the underlying goodness doesn't quite add up to me.

tl;dr: Apple blew me away with tech and sort of lost me with the product.

9. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Looks good.. Big thing that sways me is waterproofing.. I can't upgrade till next October but this one one to keep on my wish list. I've an s6 so the difference in screen size may be a pain but I shall see nearer the time.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Actually seeems like literally not literally everything.

11. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Very slightly better. Pretty much everything was leaked, so it was almost exactly what I expected. Honestly, the thing I’m most excited about (that may have been leaked, but if so, I missed) is the stereo speakers.

12. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Slightly exceeded because of the water resistance / stereo speakers and the huge performance gains (I'm coming from a 6). Also the two new black colors both look fantastic and it's gonna be a hard decision lol.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Nope. Everything was leaked, so it was exactly on par.

14. s54 macrumors regular

Few questions for every person saying that this iPhone is a no-go due to headphone jack removal:

(1) You do realize that the headphone jack is **never** coming back to an iPhone, right? - So, what you're essentially saying is that you'll never buy another iPhone again. Which I can respect, except that...
    (2) You do realize that the headphone jack **will** soon disappear from all other major smartphones, right?
    (3) You do realize that the only "inconvenience" the lack of a headphone jack presents is that of not being able to, well, use a headphone jack, right? - I get it, you can't charge the phone at the same time (even though I've never done both at once). At least, not yet. There will be adapters, if there aren't already.

Where does that leave you? Are you sure that you don't want to upgrade solely based on the removal of the headphone jack?

I just don't get it. I don't get the obsession over something so miniscule. I personally hate wires and I couldn't wait until Apple ditched them. They always get tangled up in my bag and pockets. It annoys the living crap out of me.

The removal of a headphone jack and introduction of AirPods is the **only** reason why I'm upgrading to the iPhone 7.

15. Sonne88 macrumors newbie

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not quite sure that everything was really leaked.

17. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Black colors are both worse than space grey, IMO.

18. Sonne88 macrumors newbie

What about DAC though? I don't know much about audio tech ill be honest but can Bluetooth wireless headphones achieve that level of sound enhancement?

19. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Better for me, I was disappointed with all the rumours/leaks that the design wasnt going to changed at all. But for me the Jet Black colour really gives the design a breath of fresh air and made me excited to get one. The new features had all already leaked and are all welcome and good upgrades in my opinion. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for me. It also helps that I desperately regret going from a 6 Plus to a regular 6S last year, so I would have upgraded regardless to get back to the Plus model.

20. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Not surprised due to all of the leaks. If anything I am underwhelmed. I think the headphone jack removal is a mistake and the wireless earpods are ugly, IMO. I'm ready for next years all new redesign.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

everything was leaked so it's exactly what I expected.

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, not sure that everything was really leaked.

23. techiebug macrumors 6502a

The phone is exactly like the leaks so no, it's not better than my expectations. But I'm satisfied. Now I need conformation that this thing can shoot 4k at 60fps

24. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What wasn't leaked? Every one of the ten main features were known about in advance.