Is the iPhone safe when handled by Fed Ex?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yhellotharsir, Aug 17, 2010.

1. yhellotharsir macrumors member

For those who ordered from Apple.com, I'm wondering if it's a concern that the iPhone 4 box is manhandled or abused by the Fed Ex driver in transit. Like, if they toss it or put a 60 pound TV on top of it, etc. etc.

I am so worried about this, my iPhone 4 is in transit and I will be so furious if that is true.

2. owmygulay macrumors member

Mine came just fine. I am pretty sure that is how all of them are shipped and I haven't head of anybody receiving an iphone that looked like a pancake.

3. yhellotharsir thread starter macrumors member

What about when in a Fed Ex truck, like maybe the box is sliding around in the back compartment??? :confused:

4. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Mine arrived w/out damage... too bad it was delivered to the wrong house and left on their doorstep!!!

5. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

OMG! U are seriously worried about transport of your phone. On to the next thread.

6. X2D macrumors newbie

Short answer yes, but there's so many people who have had their phones jacked I would never have bought this phone online I wanted to receive it from an employee either from Best Buy or Apple but went with Best Buy.

7. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Wow......... just wow.

It gets treated just like anything else does at Fedex. They aren't gonna put it in a bubble and say "hey don't touch this it's an iPhone 4." nor are they gonna say "he let's put a T.V on it cause it's an iPhone 4 and we are a**holes." It always depends. and even if it gets damaged you will get refunded by fedex. So just stop freaking out because 999,999/1,000,000 times everything is fine.

8. yhellotharsir thread starter macrumors member

You dont not have to be so mean about it broslowksi.

9. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Fedex has insurance for goods damaged in transit too. They're liable until you sign for it.

10. owmygulay macrumors member

I never signed for mine. I came home from work and just found it on my door step.

11. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Mine and my gf's required signatures when they were delivered.

My box was a little smashed, so the delivery man suggested I open it while he was there to see if it was ok. Luckily the actual iPhone box was mint, so all was good!

This was on June 23rd though, when I'm sure they were delivering thousands of these in one day.

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Here in California, Apple haas chosen FedEx as their primary carrier. As a result, Apple no longer does durability testing. It's all left up to the angry 800 lb. gorillas that smash packages for FedEx....:)

Oh, by the way, not one iPhone has been damaged.

13. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

14. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't believe the OP is serious. I think he's trying to be "cute" (nice way of saying this thread is "trolling")

Hundreds of thousands of iPhone 4s were shipped via FedEx - not to mention all previous versions. Do you really think the OP is concerned over his?

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seriously? :rolleyes:

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Well, think of it this way: EVERY Apple product sold on this continent in the past 5 years, maybe even longer, has at one point been touched by FedEx. It's been that way ever since production of Apple products has taken place in China, and it's how those products get from the plants to here. Apple doesn't have their own fleet of airplanes and delivery trucks to ship products from the factories to the stores. They rely on FedEx to do that for them.

Doesn't matter if you bought them at an Apple Store, an AT&T store, best Buy or ordered online. If you have it shipped to you, FedEx gets it there. If it's going to a store, FedEx delivers it, either direct to Apple stores or to Best Buy/WalMart/Radioshack distribution centers who then take it from there.

There's no way around it, and the vast majority of the Apple products people buy aren't any worse for wear because of it, so relax.

17. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

[​IMG]

18. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Just an FYI - all of these phones are shipped at one point or another. They aren't made in your house, so eventually they are gonna get on a truck somewhere, and someone who doesn't give a crap is going to throw the boxes of phones around like they are nothing special.

That's why the design of the packaging is so important, and I think Apple did a nice job not skimping on the quality of the box. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, honestly.

19. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I work for Fedex and throw everything around just for fun and try to damage anything that has the word Apple on it! (evil laugh) looooooooooooooool

20. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

O hai there guys. I got a iPhone to deliver to a person named yhellotharsir. What should I do to it?

21. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

22. wwjbd24 macrumors member

If the box isn't messed up then I highly doubt the phone would be.

23. danno1769 macrumors member

The packaging for the iphone 4 I got could have been better. It came in a shoe box sized package. The only thing they put in there to stop it from bouncing around inside the box was 1 of those bubble pillows. Only problem is that the Bubble pillow was popped so basically it was rattling around a ton. The box looked pretty good though upon visual inspection so I wasnt too upset.

24. adztaylor macrumors 68000

25. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Fedex called and wants to let you know your box was pancaked on accident. I said you have a wrong number I am not yhellotharsir, but I know where I can relay the message. They said thank you and hung up. So yhellotharsir I have some bad news......