Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2005Mini

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2011
My Mini has been a workhorse for me. I have the late 2005 edition with the 1.5 GHz G4. I am in graduate school for history, and I use it to write all my papers and put together Power Point presentations. It is also great for chat and web surfing, though YouTube is slow these days.

So, to answer your question, the Mac Mini has been historically reliable, and it ages well.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
If I had an extra 600 bucks lying around, I'd go for a mini right away. Heard nothing but good things about them.

ipual831

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007
San Francisco
one of the best mac machine on market

one of the best mac machine on market

i owned 2 mac mini before and they both served me about 3+ years!:rolleyes:

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
I got a first gen Mac Mini for almost 5 years now.

Still working. The single core CPU is a bit slow, but it still does everything I wanted it to do. Can't complain.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Although I can't tell you about the Mac Mini's reliability, I can tell you that Macs are the way to go. I wouldn't let him get another PC, that's just not right. :p I bought my iMac in 2009 and it has not slowed down at all (whereas my PC with Windows XP seems to have become cluttered and starts up slowly after the first 1-2 years).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.