Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
I like my white iPad. I will admit that it took a little getting used to...my eyes kept looking at it. But after a day I am used to it. I was playing with netflix in the dark last night and the white was not noticeable at all. I looked at the 2 different models and found i could not tell the difference in picture. Get whichever you like most. :)

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
It's no different than the silver that surrounds the LCD of my unibody anti glare MacBook pro. I love my white iPad2

chakram

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
Yes it does and that the combo I want, but no red smart covers at best buy yesterday.

I bought an iPad as an entertainment device and have not be distracted by the white bezel. I was going to get black, but after I saw the white one I changed my mind.

I got a white 32gb wifi at best buy on Friday and love it. Red smart covers are exclusive to apple stores like the red nanos are. Ordered mine online and prepared for shipment now. Ordered when was 1-2 days, now it's 3-4 weeks until shipping.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I bought white and absolutely love it! Here are my reasons and comments:

- I already have a black 2010 model, so a white 2011 model is an obvious differentiator (especially since I gave the black one to my wife, lol)

- I think white is a great color for Apple products because much of their design centers around it: packaging, their stores, etc. It's a good "fit" with Apple design.

- The glass covers the white paint, so there's no need to worry about it getting "dirty" or discolored. I think it will hold up well, and actually shows less fingerprints.

- Having white draws more attention and allows me to talk to more people about the iPad. They know it's the new one, and they instantly want to know more about it. And since I like talking about it, this is a good thing for me and Apple!

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I think the white iPads a great looking but I went with black because I am a photographer and frequently show clients my work using the device. For my money the black bezel disappears agains the photographs, whereas the white bezel seemed to distract from the image. That could be because the white is reflective of its surroundings, sometimes looking bright white, sometimes silver, sometimes yellowish depending on the ambient light and angle. That in itself is distracting. It does seem like a fresher and newer approach than the black, so if you already have an iPad 1 the appeal of the white is that it is clearly different. At the apple store in Boston both versions continue to cause a great sensation, and both are worthy choices, depending on how you use your device.

freemini

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2009
Norway
Anyone know if an Authorised Reseller will change an iPad 2 because of the color? I really want to get the white, but I just think that it may be distracting. I live in Norway(no Apple Stores), and I want to order my iPad 2 online. Because of that, I won't get to see the white in person. I want to know if I can change it later in case I don't like it. I'll probably go tomorrow and ask, but I want to know your experiences with this.

holyindian

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2009
Simple.. White if you want to look at your iPad, black if you want to look at the content on your iPad. ;)

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
I wish this issue would die...seriously. It's such a joke.

As far as a photogrpher, the clients are too busy looking at the shots IMO.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Yes it does and that the combo I want, but no red smart covers at best buy yesterday.

I bought an iPad as an entertainment device and have not be distracted by the white bezel. I was going to get black, but after I saw the white one I changed my mind.

I thought this too, they only sell them at the apple store come to find out (thanks helpful forum members!). I got mine there today, wall full of covers.

Sorry for the triple reply.

Hey with black the light bleed will be more noticeable.

Last edited:

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think there's really a "which is better?" I'm kind of baffled on why people get over arguments over color.

Seriously, it's all preference. Why would one need verification that their iPad color was better than the other? Go with what color you like.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I decided to try the white bezel this time. Absolutely no issues at all with it thus far... no illusion of the screen looking less vibrant, the bezel doesn't bother me when watching videos or reading iBooks...nothing. I like it just as much as I do the black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.