Is there a bugs thread yet for watchOS 6 yet? Cause I got some bugs!

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Reminders for one. Reminders I had completely disappeared, then some reappeared and now whenever I set a reminder, who knows if it sticks? I set a reminder earlier for something at work that was pretty important and it never went off. Checked reminders and it’s not even there now. Also, whenever I set a reminder on the watch it just goes to some random reminders list I barely ever use instead of the main reminders list. Weird

I also noticed on my drive to work I got a message on my watch saying I was out of storage space. And I keep getting that message even though before the update, I was probably only using 3gb total on my series 4!

so there’s a couple things that might need to be worked out lol anybody else have weird issues like this? I know there’s an iOS13.1 scheduled for next week. Is there one for watch os?

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Getting notification alerts on both phone and watch even when phone screen is off.

Not getting any HomeKit notifications at all on the watch.

Voice feature in the maps app on the watch is grayed out.

Not showing all of my reminders lists and the few that are there are blank lists.

I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting at the moment

Reactions: Ghost31

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
I have a new one: battery draining like crazy! I went to work with 90% battery on my series 4 and right now during my shift it’s down to 5%. Might have something to do with “storage is full” thing idk. Lotta weirdness going on right now

• Haha
Reactions: Dopestar

Itinj24

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have a new one: battery draining like crazy! I went to work with 90% battery on my series 4 and right now during my shift it’s down to 5%. Might have something to do with “storage is full” thing idk. Lotta weirdness going on right now
Interesting. My battery has been rock solid so far. Took it off the charger about 12 hours ago and I’m at 54%. Most likely due to the lack of HomeKit notifications lol. I usually get motion alerts from all through the night. Cars driving by, dogs wondering about the house, etc...

Dizbuster

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2013
A couple issues here. Complications are missing: workouts, messages, podcasts, etc. Also, when I took my watch off after a run, one of the sensors stayed on. The favorite’s complication for my wife shows her initials not her pic. Maybe 13.1 will clear up these issues.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I've always historically had battery drain issues on the first day after updating WatchOS. Seems to be a lot of syncing going on between Watch and iPhone - maybe related to the apps installed, etc. Anyhow, you'll likely find that things will settle down and battery life will return to normal tomorrow.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
A couple issues here. Complications are missing: workouts, messages, podcasts, etc. Also, when I took my watch off after a run, one of the sensors stayed on. The favorite’s complication for my wife shows her initials not her pic. Maybe 13.1 will clear up these issues.
does her complication work? it won't even work on hubby's... it's just s circle with a dash in it. Did she change her picture to her initials on her phone when she updated?

Dizbuster

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2013
I just looked and on my phone the watch face shows that favorite complication as on but on the watch it isn’t showing up at all. She did not update her phone yet she usually waits a little while. But no she did not change her name or anything else on her phone.

Edit: I just turned off the complication and turned it back on. It is now showing her initials but it does not work.

Edit #2: complication disappeared again. 🤨

Last edited:

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
Just for "shitzengiggles", I've noticed that when I use the "Breathe" app, it never increments. That's to say if I do the "Breathe" thing 4 times, the "You've breathed 1 time today" no matter how many. Minor, but annoying.

LbSigman

macrumors member
May 31, 2009
Went on a run last night for the first time on OS 6. Leaving the house, I was at 89%, mind you, I had it on a charger for about 30 minutes prior to my run.

While listening to Apple Radio using my Airpods, right at mile 2, my watch shuts down. I turn it back on and my battery level was in the red showing 11% left. I turned it off then back on and the battery level showed 78% which is what I would consider normal battery discharge using the workout app and Apple Radio in an area with really terrible cell service.

Aside from that, notifications are a mess and OS 6 boot-up time is abysmal on my S4 compared to OS 5.

mcdeeee

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
All the complications are gone. Only some basic ones are there. No weather, no heart, no messages.... wth?

achantra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2019
My calendar complication is showing "No more events today" even though there are plenty of upcoming events on my calendar today when I tap it and the calendar comes up.

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

xExtra

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2016
Miami FL
S4 has some occasional frame stutters when opening and closing the clock face in grid view.

iPhone notifications for some reason work now after one day which is good.

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
No reminders ☹
Same. I have no reminders and I can’t even remember what they were. A lot of them were work related so this really sucks. And I can’t remember what they even were. I set reminders to help me remember!

I also am not getting notifications, battery life is draining like crazy and a lot of other things just don’t work. Worst update ever