Is There A Keynote For Pc/windows Users?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by irishmarine, Jan 25, 2010.

1. irishmarine macrumors newbie

Hi,

Basically I am fed up with powerpoint, I think its a horrible application, dont have the money or any other use for a MAC right now although I can forsee buying one as my next laptop.

My question is

Is there a keynote or similar application that I can use on my pc/windows vista instead of horrible powerpoint???

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

No as far as Keynote is concerned, but you could try the PDF output for presentations, or OpenOffice has a powerpoint like tool.

Not sure beyond that. Sorry.

3. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

Keynote is one of the jewels of Apple's software lineup for OS X. There is nothing on Windows that can touch it.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

:rolleyes:

Powerpoint works just fine.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Like the OP and many others, I got quickly fed up with Powerpoint. It really isn't that polished of a product.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have clearly never seen a Keynote presentation. If you had, then you would know that Keynote makes PowerPoint look like the scribblings of a child.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Then buy a Mac and run OS X. I don't care how good Keynote does/doesn't look, that's not the issue. It won't work on Windows. Both Keynote and Powerpoint are perfectly capable programs for serving their purpose, which is presentation software.

8. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Power point is fine...chill out miles01110...we just like Keynote better. You are right, there is no keynote for windows.

9. bbb1995 macrumors newbie

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Keynote is ages ahead of Powerpoint and puts it to shame. I can do so much easier a presentation on Keynote than on Powerpoint and it's endless maze of menus.