Is there a nationwide 3G plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gtvyt, Apr 28, 2010.

1. gtvyt macrumors member

I'm traveling all over the states and 6-7 data plans are not an option (not sure that even technically it can be done).
    Any idea?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

An AT&T data plan is nationwide... I can't tell if this was a troll thread or not...

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Just keep in mind that it was posted here a few weeks ago that the iPad data plan is only for native AT&T areas. It will not work in partner areas. That could create some problems for people, especially in the western states.

The AT&T website data section does not yet address the data plan for the iPad but the coverage map says this about Partner areas:

4. gtvyt thread starter macrumors member

HEY!!!! I'm not a troll

even if some Norwegian background exists....

I'm hoping to get the 3G next week assuming you guys in the US will leave something for me.......

So I understand that "domestic" basically mean every where in the US where there is an AT&T cellular reception?

5. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Yes, go for it. Enjoy the fastest 3G in the nation. lol

6. gtvyt thread starter macrumors member

ha?

Coming from Japan your system is indeed something!!!! BUT, is there something better? Inlight me and I'll send you some sushi! inlight

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I like cold soba and sashimi.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I like sushi and rice rockets.:D

9. Bierp macrumors member

Bierp

3G iPad is a bit of a misnomer really. The iPad will utilize AT&T's 3G (HSDPA) network for it's best speeds, but it will also use the 2.5G (EDGE) network in areas that don't have HSDPA. Obviously the speeds are inferior, but it will work for mail, web, etc. I believe the iPad even supports GPRS, but I wouldn't want to have to use that too much. :D

AT&T data plans cover something like 97% of the population. (Don't let Verizon's "map" advertising fool you.) The HSDPA network tends to be in areas with denser population.

You can check your areas here.

Hope that helps,
    B

10. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

AT&T will provide some level of service almost anywhere you are likely to go. I've had AT&T signal in West Virginia, Colorado, southwest Utah, etc. As always, any cell signal can drop in particular areas due to local interference or blocked signals.