Is there a way to format an iPhone without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SPNarwhal, Apr 30, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I bought a broken iPhone 4, and I reassembled it and the screen's light will turn on but can't see anything on it. It's not a broken screen or anything, because I've tested another screen that I know works and it does the same thing.

When I connect it to iTunes, it says that it can't connect due to there being a Passcode on the iPhone and la la la.

I know what you're thinking, stolen phone. I doubt it is though. I could get the passcode but it won't do me any good since I can't see the screen anyway. So, here I am, asking if there is a 3rd party program that will reset/restore the iPhone to factory settings? Not sure if that would help me at all in this screen issue, but it's worth a shot.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

That was my first thought but for whatever reason the home button isn't working. When I got it, the ribbon cable was torn in half so I replaced it. Not sure why it wouldn't be working now though. Might open it up and re-position it.

4. barredfreak macrumors 6502

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I have a 4S, I'm just repairing this phone.