Is There A Way To get iPhone 2.0 Instaler (or Cydia) Without Hacking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kingfool1123, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Kingfool1123 macrumors newbie

I dont want to hack my iPhone but i want to get installer (or Cydia or whatever anything that work) is there any possible way to do it?

2. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Putting Cydia or Installer is hacking it, so no.

3. Kingfool1123 thread starter macrumors newbie

cause before there was a way to put installer on 1.1.4 without hacking it so yea...

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um no there wasnt

you had to jailbreak to get installer or cydia

5. Kingfool1123 thread starter macrumors newbie

seriously! dang! well one more question, do you guys know if theres away to remove the stocks icon on the iphone

6. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Yes, jailbreak and you'll be able to apply new themes to your phone, there are tons of them out there.

I struggled with whether or not to jailbreak, but there was just too much I wanted to do that only jailbreaking would allow me. Once I got past the fear, it went very smoothly and I'm very happy with what's available out there.

7. iTouchLover macrumors member

yeah

Hey everybody, I have some questions as well.

First;

I want to Jailbreak my iPod Touch, but I am really afraid. I thought about it, and I am willing to go through with it, now.

Second;

Okay, I have QuickPwn. I am at the second step, I have downloaded the Firmware for 2.2.1. When I hit browse and put it into the file search, it says that the file is unsupported and does bot match any Firmware QuickPwn supports.

Thanks to anybody who can help.

-I:apple:My iTouch.

8. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

Is your iPod touch a 1st generation or 2nd? The 2nd gen. is in the very early stages of jailbreak. At this point in time you have to JB the 2g every reboot if I understand correctly..

9. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

The newest version will boot normally, but in an un-jailbroken state unless you run their app before each boot up.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

to put iPhone hacking into perspective Cydia & Installers are themselves a hack.

11. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You mean jailbreakme.com? As cool as that site was, it still jailbroke your phone...