Is there an equivalent on the mac to the.....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc0481, Jun 10, 2007.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Photo viewer in XP. When I go to a relative's house and they use XP (bleh) But when they show pictures of their trip using the built in photo viewer in XP. Its quick, no frills and it can blow up the picture. Is there an equivalent in OS X? Should I use picasa, or iphoto or any other app that can do the same thing. So no frills, quick, zoom in to the picture. Basically close to XP or hopefully better. Thank you

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

iPhoto. Has built in slide show, pick your own sound track from iTunes, and the ever-annoying Ken Burns effect..

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Not quite sure what you mean "blow-up" or "zoom". Sounds like you mean full-screen.

You can select one or a group of photos in the Finder, then right-click (or ctrl-click) and select "Slideshow".

If you want more control over transitions, and order, try iPhoto.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

iPhoto does everything you asked for and manages your folders for you so you don't have to. It comes with every Mac, and is very nice. Integrates with iTunes so you can choose music from your iTunes library for slideshows, and also lets you send photos to iMovie and/or iDVD to make movie versions.

5. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Cool I didn't know that.

6. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I definitely second that recommendation for Xee, try that out.

7. g1ngerninja macrumors newbie

Window Manager

Anyone know of an app to control which app appear on which monitor by default ? Like you can with the Nvidia drivers.

Also I had a 2nd monitor attached for a bit and had safari in the 2nd monitor but now the window is missing on my main screen. How do I get it back ?

Cheers
    G1ngerNinja