Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvian@1104

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2017
In my perspective, the current shipment date estimation is based on latest stocks available in Apple's "warehouse".

Remember, while we talk about this, the foxconn factories isn't just stop, they keep producing. Many new, un-ordered iphones will (continuously) feeding the apple warehouse, so that the stocks will be increasing overtime (although, you already know, many analysts say not that much of increase).

Especially, they have a few weeks to do that, so that's why the shipment date can be earlier than before.

Last edited:

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I got delivery date nov 17 - nov 24! I just received an email from Apple thanking me for my puechase and with an attachment of my installment agreement. I hope delivery dates improve! Have you all receive a installment agreement yet?

AndyDiamond

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
The Black Lodge
I got delivery date nov 17 - nov 24! I just received an email from Apple thanking me for my puechase and with an attachment of my installment agreement. I hope delivery dates improve! Have you all receive a installment agreement yet?

Yup I did - from Apple and Citizens - for the order and the loan approval. Estimated shipping date for me is Nov 14-24. So I’m hoping its closer to the 14th.
Last year I could not order a 7Plus from Apple any earlier than 2-3 weeks but I found one in store using istocknow that was available for pick-up immediately. So yeah I think it is reasonable to expect the delivery dates could move forward.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Same boat. By the time the app came up I got 17-24. Thinking of opting out of IUP next time. Had hoped it would help with launch day phones more, but now with a delayed release and also delayed shipping, I’m out more than I’d like to be.

I should have used the website except that in last years the app was faster, plus all my info was already preordered for IUP via the app. Grr.

As long as it’s here BEFORE my mother in law’s Thanksgiving visit. I’m out of town on 24th for that and not happy about it. :p

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Hmm, based on these anecdotes it seems there is a good chance the actual deliveries could beat Apple's estimates. I am pretty pleased with my November 10-17 delivery, but am just irked that for deliveries past launch day in-store pickup is not available. I live in a safe neighborhood, but having over $1,000 sit on the porch still gives me anxiety.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
absolutely. i was late to the pre-order party for my iPhone 6 and got the 2-3 weeks delivery. it ended up being delivered the following Monday after the Friday release so only a couple days after.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Definitely. Last year I preordered a 7 Plus Matte black day before release and Apple stated 2-3 weeks. I ended up getting it 7-8 days later.

They do this to cover their ass.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yes. Apple is very conservative with delivery dates based on current production levels. It's possible the ramp up will gain speed faster than expected. The last Apple order I had that was severely backordered -- the original AW -- arrived a 1.5 weeks ahead of the earliest of the est. delivery dates.

DoctorWho36

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
I am just going to come back from time to time to read this thread. It makes me feel better. My order said 2-3 weeks but actually gave me 21st-28th. I am in Canada so I don't know if the 2-3 week window is slightly different.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816
I am hoping my 11/10-11/17 ship dates gets bumped up to 11/3 ... heck, even anything between 11/3-11/7 would be great.
I have the feeling this isn't going to happen for me though because (1) there may be a very limited supply, and (2) for reason I see it being more likely to be bumped up in shipping time if your order was 4-6+ weeks out... my order is 1-2 weeks out.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
i've been in the queue to talk to the iphone sales department, it's been an hour and a half and still not through... I need to find out what happened. After I put in my first order i had a Nov 3 shipping date on the order page. 2 minutes later i get the order confirmation email saying 2-3 weeks. The more i think about it the more it pisses me off lol. I would really hope they using a higher estimate to cover their ass.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816
i've been in the queue to talk to the iphone sales department, it's been an hour and a half and still not through... I need to find out what happened. After I put in my first order i had a Nov 3 shipping date on the order page. 2 minutes later i get the order confirmation email saying 2-3 weeks. The more i think about it the more it pisses me off lol. I would really hope they using a higher estimate to cover their ass.

This happened to me last year when I bought and iPhone 7 Plus.
I reason in my head that in the time it took you to check out, supply dropped.

Reactions: haqsha23

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
You couldn’t pay me enough to be on Apple help/sales/order desk today. Imagine tens of millions of hits to servers at 12:01 PDT. It’s akin to a self orchestrated cyber attack from world wide. I am amazed each year that anyone gets order in. Clap of the hands that it goes as well as it does each year.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
This happened to me last year when I bought and iPhone 7 Plus.
I reason in my head that in the time it took you to check out, supply dropped.
I'm talking about after i already placed the order, the page that comes up shows the delivery date and it said nov 3rd. few minutes later i get the email which changed the date after the order was already placed. For my information, did you end up receiving your 7+ within the delivery estimate or earlier?
[doublepost=1509116774][/doublepost]
You couldn’t pay me enough to be on Apple help/sales/order desk today. Imagine tens of millions of hits to servers at 12:01 PDT. It’s akin to a self orchestrated cyber attack from world wide. I am amazed each year that anyone gets order in. Clap of the hands that it goes as well as it does each year.
Update: 2 hours still not through. Obviously im doing other things while being on hold, i'm not really even expecting to get through at this point.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
I'm in the same boat. Apple.com and the app store app didn't update to allow me to order till 3:12 am. Order was smooth and complete by 3.13 am but got 2-3 weeks shipping time.
My situation exactly - i ordered at 12 mins after the hour
edit: I was given ship date of Nov 17-24

So I ordered through Best Buy in at least now have a November 10 pickup date

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I'm talking about after i already placed the order, the page that comes up shows the delivery date and it said nov 3rd. few minutes later i get the email which changed the date after the order was already placed. For my information, did you end up receiving your 7+ within the delivery estimate or earlier?
Update: 2 hours still not through. Obviously im doing other things while being on hold, i'm not really even expecting to get through at this point.
I had same thing last year with 7 Plus. Imagine 10s of thousands of orders locking in every second. You get an estimate and a minute later when your order locks in the supply has changed. I would imagine locking in too early then having to back out and resupply stock would complicate the process even further. They must have to select a point where you are locked into cue for next phone but if there are 50,000 ahead in cue, I see where stock may easily be used up for any given date.

Zigourney

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I too am reading this and hoping a bump up on the delivery. I got a ship date of 13-20 Nov (2-3 weeks slip)
Do you guys think we will know before next Friday the 3rd store release?

I'm going to give the apple store a try next friday, you never know I may get lucky and then can just cancel the online order If I manage to bag one at the store.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816

I got mine a week early.
Hope the same happens to me with the X!

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
many orders will be canceled due to CC issues, change of mind etc etc.... bumping up some orders
I thought about this as well, but here's my take on it. CC issues definitely could come up, but so long as the person has the means to rectify the situation, they will be given the opportunity to do so and still hold their reservation. In the case of change of mind, it makes sense to get the phone since if you decide you don't want it, you could resell it for a profit (although that is extra work and a hassle with risk).

DoctorWho36

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
People love yelling at the person who sits at the help desk. Good luck to all of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.