Is there any new iPad out there without backlight bleeding?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Mar 22, 2012.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

My only problem now is backlight bleeding, especially on the left upper side. It is so annoying because it makes the color looks so different. But I wonder if there is any iPad out there with no backlight bleeding at all.

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

There is no bleeding issue. Just like there is no heat issue.

IPad 3 is going to be one of Apple's most successful products to date.

3. Detrias macrumors member

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Mine's even. The previous two generation iPads I've owned have had a little bleed, but only noticeable at high brightness settings - and only on a black background. Not noticeable during normal use.

6. M87 macrumors 65816

Mine has absolutely none. My first and second generation iPads did, though.

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

I have no bleeding. My iPad 2 had a little but this one doesn't have any.

8. scytus macrumors newbie

Need to be 100% brightness with a pitch black background to see it, it's slightly evident on the left side

Will most likely exchange it next chance I get

9. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

That was the first thing that I checked when I turned on the new iPad and I was so happy that even the slightest backlight bleeding CAN'T be found...zero, nada. My iPad2, on the other hand, have bleeding on all sides of the screen and it didn't annoy me, but only when I really looked at it.

10. neutrino23 macrumors 65816

11. bobright macrumors 601

No bleeding I mean very slightly on maybe one two spots I wouldn't even call it bleeding though it's normal basically. The iPad 2 was just awful this year they got it right.

12. Jonesy76 macrumors newbie

Keeereeest.........do some of you actually use your new iPads, or do you just sit there frantically hunting (desperately) for some unperceptible flaw?

Honestly if you have to turn your iPad up to 100% brightness and then shove it onto a black screen you're not really using it are you? You're trying to be a dumbass geek so you can say "oh Apple really screwed up my product"

My friend at work absolutely adores her iPad 2 and wouldn't swap it for the world, however when I showed her how to do a reset on it even I could notice the blindingly obvious bleed on it, but she's never even noticed it because she's so far removed from a tech nerd it's untrue. In normal use it's not noticeable.

I'd love to know how many of you have taken your LCD TV's back for light bleed issues?

13. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Mine has non

I'm guessing being a week 53 more care may have been taken building it