iPhone X Is there any way to deactivate the new screenshot behavior?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 22, 2018.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

For all of those who I’ve spent countless hours trying to show why Jailbreaking gives you a far superior user experience, this is a perfect example.

Apple continues to slowly implement Jailbreak tweaks into iOS. No one seems to notice this, and Apple gets all the credit. Even though their implementation is almost always an inferior and clunky version of a JB tweak.

What started as Clipshot on iOS 7 and was carried on by Almpoum in subsequent JBs, this tweak would allow a variety of customizations to the screenshot function. Most efficient was rather than saving every screenshot, it would simply automatically copy it to the clipboard. No pop-up menus, prompts or anything. Since this is how most screenshots are used, as disposable references used in text conversations, this was brilliant.

Apple’s attempt at capturing this brilliance and solving the issue of dozens and eventually hundreds of completely useless image files in a user’s camera roll is so clunky and inefficient it is actually significantly WORSE than simply saving the file to the camera roll by default. Now rather than simply copying it to the clipboard, which is what most people do, they require you to go through multiple unnecessary steps and manually delete every single one. The gimmicky ”editing” features are virtually pointless. Why doesn’t Apple hire these brilliant developers to work for them rather than working against them?

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

There's a default album in the Photos app called "Screenshots" where they can all be easily found and deleted if desired.
    Personally I never would want a screenshot to default to the clipboard. Then how would you save several screenshots taken one after the other?

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

That would be the one case where I would turn off the tweak. How do you deactivate the new iOS behavior and just save them?

4. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

Not a JB expert here, but this example does not seem to be a very compelling argument for jailbreaking.

Cheers, Azy

5. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Not sure what you are asking. They are automatically saved. What is it that you want to turn off?

While the editing feature might be worthless to you, many find it very handy in multiple ways.

6. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Just swipe the thumbnail to the left. No need to get upset. It's saved in the album.
    Think of the album as a clipboard you can select multiple images from and be happy.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Isn’t there a specific album for screenshots now? Just go in there and delete them.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I just don’t want the pop up, and then to have to delete it.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

10. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Personally, I don't think so, but if you like it knock yourself out.

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I’ll bet good $ if I set you up with all of my tweaks and shortcuts after a month you wouldn’t be able to go back to stock iOS.

12. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Sorry, I only have bad $.