Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrPeanut, May 21, 2009.
Did you even bother searching?
And that's just some of it.
I did but obviously didnt type the write words. I typed macbook pro update wwwdc, what did you type?
Ask us in about three weeks. Oh, here are some more links.
Sorry , I couldn't resist
Looks like you have other problems, wwrite?
WorldWide Developers Conference.
Yes, there will be a huge update to the MBP and MB lines.
I know this because a guy I dogsit for, his brother works for 7-11, and he says that a guy comes in all the time whose cousin is an Apple employee.
So, I think, he told him, who told the other guy, who told his brother, who told me.
Just checked www.dc.com and www.dc.net, no signs of MBP update there.
Seriously though, nobody here really knows. I'm also waiting till wwdc to order a 17".
An update... to what? No new chips exist.
They could put in the T9900 (3.06)??? Why wouldn't they?
Likely candidates would be: cpu speedbump, more RAM in the 2.4 MBP, non-removable battery, option for 8gb in all MBP's, slightly larger HDD.
There have also been rumours of a screen update, and 3G, but these seem a lot less likely.
Hmm... Not much of an "update", though, if they're just adding another speed to the 17" model.
He wants a new processor and a new GPU, and that isn't happening. Any other update is not worth any wait.
True, I just figured maybe they'd do a little speed bump. But you're right, not much of an update.
I need a new laptop, I want the base MBP, can't really afford the middle one, the fact that the slight speed bumps from 2.53->2.66 gave the mid MBP the unofficial ability to take 8gb instead of the advertised 4gb makes it worth the wait (for me, at least until WWDC), as it will extend the life of the MBP significantly.
If there's no update then, the need for the new computer will outwiegh being able to wait (for me)
Plus 133 MHz speed bumps to 2 or 3 other CPUs.
There could be an updated GPU (GT 130M), the new battery, and other features. I expect this update to be like any other regular update, or maybe a bit more minor.
Good to see you posting again TS.
You think they'd pop a GT 130M in there without a CPU update? Lemme check the X1600 to 8600M transition...
Hmm. It was the 2.16/2.33 to 2.2/2.4 change. Was that a chipset change, as well? Would it be a similar update for the newest Penryns?
Would they update both the 9600M GT and the 9400M?
If the MacBook got the 9400M updated, wouldn't the MBP get both updated?
Using both chips at the same time aside or hot swapping, wouldn't Apple make sure the MBP had an equivalent secondary GPU to the MacBooks?
256MB vs 512MB of GDDR3 memory also could change?
MBP 15" Matte screen option? Come on!
seriously, i'd buy one in a heartbeat.
John Gruber, (guy who predicted unibody) thinks there will be an update at WWDC
all I want is 8Gb in the base MBP, is that too much to ask???
13" MBP? Sounds tempting...... No more MB?
Well I have a little lower standard. The new base 15" MBP better have 4GB RAM. I think it would be ridiculous that Snow Leopard is released in a few months and the MBP does not have enough RAM to do true 64-bit processing. There already is no excuse in the first place to have a $2000 machine without 4GB of RAM.
BTW I don't like the idea of the aluminum 13" being called Pro as Gruber is hinting. It has a lesser graphics card, poorer quality display, no FireWire and no ExpressCard. Everything starts to become jumbled with something like this.
I'll be surprised if they announce any notebook or desktop upgrades at WWDC (minimal at best).
It's all going to be about iPhone 3.0 and (maybe) the next iPhone. I don't think we'll see a new MB or MBP until late-July/August at the earliest.
I meant the option to have 8gb, I'm happy with it coming with 2gb as long as I can stick 8gb in in a year or two when the prices have come right down. At the moment the low end MBP is the only one that can't take 8gb.
If the low end started coming with 8gb the price would have to go up around £600!!
I would expect 8GB capability since all the new Intel processors will support it.
2GB RAM is simply not enough for a $2000 machine which should be able to use the best feature of Snow Leopard right out of the box. 2GB is just enough to handle Leopard well, much less 64-bit. This is my only complaint about the MBP.